PDA

View Full Version : Chips for C220/280/360 drums

Custom Search

wseyller
08-24-2013, 02:28 AM
Was notified today that we now have chips for these in our inventory. I have always noticed these drums look great went replacing them. Looks to me like they will go 2 cycles easily. Anyone using chips on these yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mr. Joshua
08-24-2013, 03:08 AM
We've had these for a long time.

Off the top of my head, seems like drums last 1.5-3x life depending on customer/application.

copier addict
08-24-2013, 03:12 AM
Why use chips. Just turn the "replace drum" message off. They do run a long time.

jznwpb
08-24-2013, 04:25 AM
Excuse my ignorance, but what simulation mode is used to turn drum replacement alarm off?

copier addict
08-24-2013, 04:45 AM
Excuse my ignorance, but what simulation mode is used to turn drum replacement alarm off?

If you are KonMin authorized instal firmware GC1-C2. There are tech bulletins about it. They tell you where to make the changes.

rrrohan
08-25-2013, 10:20 AM
my rule is dont fix whats not broken. I always reset ITBU and Fusers and re chip Drums if quality is still OK.

pretty wasteful replacing them just because machine says so

JR2ALTA
08-25-2013, 06:45 PM
Yea do the firmware, chips are a thing of the past. Only downside is it won't clear the drum gauge and creates p codes, some customers won't tolerate that

rrrohan
08-26-2013, 01:07 AM
Yea do the firmware, chips are a thing of the past. Only downside is it won't clear the drum gauge and creates p codes, some customers won't tolerate that

most don't even notice the oil can symbol

mmru4real
08-26-2013, 01:55 AM
Also with a fiery, you have to replace chips as the fiery will lockup with a very annoying message

Bizhub
06-18-2014, 09:55 PM
Also with a fiery, you have to replace chips as the fiery will lockup with a very annoying message

I agree we have too many customers ringing up complaining that the units are overlife !

That is why we use the resetter for the C220/280/360/224/284/364 + E machines.

Look at www.chip-life.com

Regards

copier addict
06-19-2014, 02:14 AM
I agree we have too many customers ringing up complaining that the units are overlife !

That is why we use the resetter for the C220/280/360/224/284/364 + E machines.

Look at www.chip-life.com (http://www.chip-life.com)

Regards

It is pretty easy to explain to the customer that the consumables are designed last longer than indicated and the manufacturer errs on the side of caution with the messages. I haven't used a drum chip since the PPLM firmware came out.

wseyller
06-19-2014, 04:09 AM
It is pretty easy to explain to the customer that the consumables are designed last longer than indicated and the manufacturer errs on the side of caution with the messages. I haven't used a drum chip since the PPLM firmware came out.
many times yes. but I have had several customer that just won't have it. some of them see the P codes and want it gone or see the consumables screen shows items over life. I think maybe the sales people are teaching them this and what do they care. So we just chip and so not to deal with those people. In fact I carry in the part with me as a pseudo to make them think I'm changing it. because if I'm called in to change an image unit and I walk in with only a chip in my pocket they wonder where the parts are. So they think I'm walking out with a used part.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Gift
06-19-2014, 11:22 AM
Didn't know there's a resetter for the C220 but know it's too late. I order the chips from china for a few bucks so I can easily equip all technicians with a set in case a customer complains (most doesn't care about the consumable ratings(maintanance icon as long as the printout looks good).

Custom Search