PDA

View Full Version : C351 server smb scan reference to 2003 server "failed to get information"

Custom Search

bartndeb
02-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Seems like this is a common problem...

I want to try setting up scan to shared 2003 server folder one more time before I bail and go to scan to ftp.

From the touch panel of the C351 I can browse all the network XP computers but I can not browse any of my 2003 servers.

So this appears to have nothing to do with share permissions since I can not even see any of the 2003 shares. ANy ideas what setting on 2003 server need to be configed to get this working?

Thanks!

Taminol
02-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Hi Bartendeb, I understand Windows 2003 server can be difficult. Although I have never hooked a bizhub up to one of those networks.
Here is some information which might help you get SMB working.

On Windows 2003, you may find that you need to change a registry setting in order
for this to work. This setting can be found under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\LanManServer\Parameters\
RequireSecuritySignature (REG_DWORD)
You need to change the DWORD value from 1 to 0 to disable the SMB digital
communication policy.

* This should only be changed by the customer

- Scanning to a mapped drive – make sure you place a / before the share name of the
folder within that mapped drive.

Hope that helps

toly
02-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Might be security policies needs to be changed in MS server 2003.

1) Open Management Console "Default Domain Controller Security" on the server,
2) Go to "Local Policies" -> "Security Options"
3) the item "Microsoft Network Server : "Digitally sign Communications (Always)" chance this to Disable. (Check the link for screendump.)

http://www.konicaminolta.dk/itf/cus/cuskbase.nsf/web/Images_Controller/$file/smb2003.jpg

Torben

Seems like this is a common problem...

I want to try setting up scan to shared 2003 server folder one more time before I bail and go to scan to ftp.

From the touch panel of the C351 I can browse all the network XP computers but I can not browse any of my 2003 servers.

So this appears to have nothing to do with share permissions since I can not even see any of the 2003 shares. ANy ideas what setting on 2003 server need to be configed to get this working?

Thanks!

bartndeb
02-20-2008, 11:08 PM
After making the 2003 server registry changes I could navigate the folders.

However, I was also required to enter the hostname in caps before being successful getting the registered SMB address book destination. I saw a reference to this being a 'mystery' requirement - that I can confirm on my C351.

Thanks!

Custom Search