PDA

View Full Version : folded paper on konica 7050

Custom Search

mdm7266
02-21-2008, 08:41 AM
i have a problem with my konica 7050. the problem is intermittent folded copies, usually in the middle. i observed that folding happens even before the paper enters the fuser area (fixing area), so i conclude that the folding happens during registration, ( on my opinion upon when the paper stops at the registration chute, the rollers before the registration is still pushing the paper up, causing too much loop and the paper bends or fold when released by registration rollers) whenever the paper enters the registration and forms a loop. i tried to adjust the paper tray loop data adjustment but problem still the same.

is there someone encountered this problem on konica 7050?

by the way, the all trays produced same intermittent folded output paper except manual tray.
i know manual tray has a different paper path and is fed straight.

Sjeuf
02-21-2008, 09:36 AM
i have a problem with my konica 7050. the problem is intermittent folded copies, usually in the middle. i observed that folding happens even before the paper enters the fuser area (fixing area), so i conclude that the folding happens during registration, ( on my opinion upon when the paper stops at the registration chute, the rollers before the registration is still pushing the paper up, causing too much loop and the paper bends or fold when released by registration rollers) whenever the paper enters the registration and forms a loop. i tried to adjust the paper tray loop data adjustment but problem still the same.

is there someone encountered this problem on konica 7050?

by the way, the all trays produced same intermittent folded output paper except manual tray.
i know manual tray has a different paper path and is fed straight.

please check the coveyance rollers (right side) of the machine,possibly the clutches of these rollers are sticking together,good luck!!

CMB
02-21-2008, 10:43 AM
i'd put my money on the registration clutch. and replace that and readjust your loop timing.

Luther
02-21-2008, 01:38 PM
It is the conveyance clutch's on the upper feed section, there are 2 of them one is staying engaged to long , cleaning them usually fixes the problem also clean the gear with the one way bearing ,if the problem persisits replace them, common problem on this series of machines, good luck

mdm7266
02-22-2008, 03:00 AM
thanks to all of you who reply: Luther, CMB, Sjeuf.
the problem is one of the conveyance upper clutch.

CMB
02-22-2008, 11:13 AM
cheat the front door switch and watch as paper is running thru. if it acts a little funny as it is passing thru the registation rollers(after you replace the clutch) there may be a mylar that is messed up that is located between the upper and lower registration rollers.

Custom Search