PDA

View Full Version : looking at a new box C8000

Custom Search

that guy
08-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Hello everyone, I am currently in the market for a new machine and I am looking for some answers on the KM C8000 in particular. Is this machine capable of scanning while it is running a job. I know it obviously cant copy while printing but will it scan to the hdd or network?

Moza
08-30-2013, 07:17 PM
Hello everyone, I am currently in the market for a new machine and I am looking for some answers on the KM C8000 in particular. Is this machine capable of scanning while it is running a job. I know it obviously cant copy while printing but will it scan to the hdd or network?

The C8000 is a high end print production machine is that what you require ? But in answer to you question yes it can scan whilst printing but it will use the Fiery controller to do it and they can be a little flakey.

methogod
09-01-2013, 12:28 AM
not the best machine for scanning, none of the production machines are....

better getting a smaller C452 or something fro scanning. Cost to scan to folder is cheap.

eifling
09-02-2013, 10:42 PM
not the best machine for scanning, none of the production machines are....

better getting a smaller C452 or something fro scanning. Cost to scan to folder is cheap.

I agree, the 8000 is a beast of a machine with the speed and quality. But if you have enough sheets to run to keep a 8000 busy I would skip the C452. I would get the C8000 but find a really good stand alone scanner to suit your needs. Then as your printing on the 8000 you could be using your scanner to scan and import into the network. It would probably be easier on you in the long run. You could manage your jobs better. Get a 8000 without scanning. Just what i would do.:)

methogod
09-03-2013, 02:38 AM
agree..

copier addict
09-03-2013, 08:09 PM
Is anyone going to answer his question? All he wanted to know is if the machine will scan while it is printing. I am not familiar with these machines so I can't answer, sorry.
Darren

Mick01
09-05-2013, 06:10 AM
Hi ,
The answer is yes however, the scanner is an option on the C8000 (not standard). The scanner mounts on top of the paper feed unit. Most of the installs i know of do not have this option so cannot scan at all. These machines are high quality PRINTERS, that is what they are designed to do. When someone asks me about scan quality on our PP colour devices i say as a scanner our machines make great printers.

No customer i know of buys these machines machines as scanners,
hope this helps.

Konicoz
09-15-2013, 02:54 AM
Is anyone going to answer his question? All he wanted to know is if the machine will scan while it is printing. I am not familiar with these machines so I can't answer, sorry.
Darren

First response did answer the question and the rest was advise which was also part of the question

Custom Search