PDA

View Full Version : Dead Controllers -Rips- or Fierys

Custom Search

JRCS
02-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Does any body have this problem or is it just us???
We have about 5 dead controllers in one week, does anyone knows who repair them and how much, I believe the bios and the harddrives maybe damaged, or bad. Minoltas 3102 X3e+ controllers :eek:

Thank you!!!

JRCS

mitchl
02-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Does any body have this problem or is it just us???
We have about 5 dead controllers in one week, does anyone knows who repair them and how much, I believe the bios and the harddrives maybe damaged, or bad. Minoltas 3102 X3e+ controllers :eek:

Thank you!!!

JRCS
Have you tried reloading the sytem software? You may want to give that a shot as it takes care of many DOA controllers, unless of course you do have bad hardware.

JRCS
02-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Yes, we already try reloading the OS, and no luck. we need to repair the bios and replaced the hdd.

Now wondering who does that and for how much??

Thanks

JRCS

mitchl
02-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Yes, we already try reloading the OS, and no luck. we need to repair the bios and replaced the hdd.

Now wondering who does that and for how much??

Thanks

JRCS

I dont know if Hitech in Orlando does anything with the EFI products, you may want to call EFI and see what they have to say. I take it these were off a 3102 or a 2002? If so I may have a controller or 2 laying around so let me know!

JRCS
02-21-2008, 11:34 PM
yes they were from a minolta 3102
please let me know you you do have any laying around I'll buy them.
Thank you!!

JRCS:)

mitchl
02-22-2008, 03:38 PM
yes they were from a minolta 3102
please let me know you you do have any laying around I'll buy them.
Thank you!!

JRCS:)
I'm checking for you, I need to ask my IT geek and he's out screwing off I'm relatively sure as its Friday and as near as I can tell that's what IT geeks do on Fridays!

907tec
02-26-2008, 01:18 AM
It is possible to rebuild these controllers with a new hd. KM says that you cant use larger hd's in the unit, but we have had success replacing 8 and 15gig hd's with 40-60gig hd's. Instructions on loading the software/firmware vary by model, I can find more info on the KM site if you're interested. We have had many of these controllers die lately, usually due to faulty harddrives. You can also attempt to "ghost" the hd to a new hd and run that.

pm me with the specifics of the machine/model/etc if you're interested in putting in a new hd w/ new software.

bowser
04-10-2008, 04:55 AM
yes its true the hdd's crash or completely fail.
i also can set up hdds for all colour fiery's
also have other options let me know.

Copierdave
04-13-2008, 07:16 PM
I have never seen one with a bad bios but have probably seen a dozen or so that ulitmately required replaceing the Hard drives. Like others have said, you can use a larger HDD. Typically we use 40GB HDD's because they are easy to find. We keep a Ghost image on most of the controllers and when even we have a controller having problems we ghost a new drive (takes about 10 -15 minutes) and swap out the drive in the field.

twinax
04-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Hi Guy's

My experience about defective HDD is:

It is better if possible to put and image disc on new HDD (but you need first to have this image from a working system).

You also can change the HDD by a new one. If this new one is comming from konica-Minolta or EFI (Fiery) it contain a preformating system boot and you are able to install the system software. If you buy a disc from anywhere else you need first to send a boot file onto your disc before installing the EFI system.

To reinstall the EFI system software via parallele port you need an accelerator for LPT1 port, and adjust it in bidirectional. in other way it take 3 hours the reinstall system software.

Regards,

Frostwolf
04-17-2008, 03:18 AM
I have never seen one with a bad bios but have probably seen a dozen or so that ulitmately required replaceing the Hard drives. Like others have said, you can use a larger HDD. Typically we use 40GB HDD's because they are easy to find. We keep a Ghost image on most of the controllers and when even we have a controller having problems we ghost a new drive (takes about 10 -15 minutes) and swap out the drive in the field.

I've had 0 bios failures also, 1 power supply, and untold hard drive failures.

We put 40gig's in our also, but when building the system the parallel port way, it will give you an error at the end of install "Checksum fail". Ignore it and keep on trucking, and yeah ghost it when you get all the patches on there.

look for "Hirens boot cd" for the ghost utility.

Custom Search