PDA

View Full Version : SCX 6545 Skewed images

Custom Search

yormets
09-02-2013, 09:44 PM
I have three of these machine all with about 225,000 prints on them. Everyone has a slightly skewed image when scanning a copy or scanning to a file. I see nothing in the service manual about a skew. It's obvious a scan issue. It prints straight no problem. It's skewed on the glass as well as through the feeder. The lead edge and trail edge are skewed. The top and bottom are straight. What can be done?

ZOOTECH
09-02-2013, 09:46 PM
I have three of these machine all with about 225,000 prints on them. Everyone has a slightly skewed image when scanning a copy or scanning to a file. I see nothing in the service manual about a skew. It's obvious a scan issue. It prints straight no problem. It's skewed on the glass as well as through the feeder. The lead edge and trail edge are skewed. The top and bottom are straight. What can be done?
Firmware update is about the best you can do.

blackcat4866
09-02-2013, 10:49 PM
I'd start by looking for a vertical adjustment on light source #2/#3.

I can't say that I've ever tried to do optical adjustments on a Samsung. Tell us how it goes. =^..^=

yormets
09-03-2013, 02:46 AM
There simply aren't any adjustments. Magnification and registration adjustments only. It prints perfectly straight. The only thing it could be is scanner height on one side. I'm going to try a piece of teflon tape under the foot side of the scanner to raise it up and see what happens. The rail side is fixed. It's strange that all three do the same thing. What's wearing? The scanner bearing itself maybe. It would make sense it's where it slides on the scanner flat plastic rail. I don't see what firmware would have anything to do with it. Maybe I'm wrong.

ZOOTECH
09-03-2013, 02:58 AM
These earlier models had no adjustments for copy quality other than with firmware updates.

yormets
09-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Where can I download the firmware. I searched Samsung and Muratec for firmware updates but can't find any. Are they not available to download?

Custom Search