PDA

View Full Version : konica/minota 6001 error c0996???

Custom Search

blacksunshine
02-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Hello, I unfortunately have a Konica/Minolta 6001 that is throwing an error C0996 3rd drawer.

One of the employees here yelled at me this morning that there was a problem with the copier...it was showing a paper jam error, opened up everything and found nothing...error persisted....checked everything out again and found a piece of wadded up paper behind tray three....fished it out, now we went from paper jam error to this c0996 error...???

I did recall when I first opened up the 3rd tray, there was an amber LED flashing on the button, now nothing, however I get no change out of anything now...

Copier still functions, I just made the default drawer the number 2 drawer and swapped the paper orientation around in tray to to match what was in tray 3, normal letter....everything working fine except tray 3 seems dead....

I think that this tray is like the bulk paper tray and it is supposed to raise and lower and slide stacks of paper over if I recall correctly...but I get nothing out of that tray other than I can shut it and it latches and when I try to open it by pushing the electronic button on the front, it does in fact react the way it should, it electronically releases the latch and the tray shoots out...

so, what could this c0996 3rd drawer error mean/refer to and how can I try to fix it??

Luther
02-21-2008, 06:53 PM
In the corner of the screen is a small wrench touch the wrench and the code should appear on the display open and close the front door to clear the code,you have to have the code displayed to clear it ,it will not clear otherwise if the code comes back you may have a broken lift gear in tray 3, you can try removing the front panel on that tray and check for broken gears, i would clear the code with the tray out to avoid further damage, hope this helps

blacksunshine
02-21-2008, 07:13 PM
In the corner of the screen is a small wrench touch the wrench and the code should appear on the display open and close the front door to clear the code,you have to have the code displayed to clear it ,it will not clear otherwise if the code comes back you may have a broken lift gear in tray 3, you can try removing the front panel on that tray and check for broken gears, i would clear the code with the tray out to avoid further damage, hope this helps

you are DA MAN!

working back like it's old, dicrepid, POS, fun house reflection self...

Custom Search