PDA

View Full Version : Scan to email problems on new Bizhubs

Custom Search

lanierboy
09-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Hello All,

we have received our first batch of the new C284e machines. I seem to have issues when setting up email with them.
I know as a default the email tx is set to off, we turn everything on then enter the details from there old machine (also a KM box) and the new machine fails to see the server or send email.

anyone having the same issues?? KM say its the mail server but these details have worked on all the old KM machines and its not just one customer.

Any help would be great.

Many Thanks.

SmellsHot
09-05-2013, 12:55 PM
First thing I would do is setup a scan to yahoo account. smpt.mail.yahoo.com port 465 SSL turn on smtp authentication (enter a valid yahoo email and password) Make sure you have the gateway and DNS set and you can also use the same yahoo account that your scanning to as the "from address" If this works you know it's not your machine.

emujo
09-05-2013, 01:17 PM
had the same issue on a upgrade from C652/C360 to C754/C364e..Server connect issue on 1st attempt to scan, 2nd attempt would be successful. If you waited 5 min, the issue would repeat. The old systems NEVER had any email issues. Had to use the IP address of the mail server versus the name. Did the trick for the most part. Ed

lanierboy
09-05-2013, 02:09 PM
many thanks for the replies, i will give them a try

TEZDON
10-21-2013, 08:46 PM
Hi we have had problems with these new machines.
We have upgraded a couple of the C224 with the new C224e and used the exact same mail settings but we keep getting smtp authentication issues. we have we get the same problems with yahoo
we had to use Gmail to overcome the Problem.
When we put a trace on the mail server and although the authentications settings have been made through the web interface the trace says they are not set.
firmware G20-A9:mad:

BHM
10-21-2013, 08:55 PM
Same here. Sometimes, just a reboot resolves the issue. We have been seeing a mixture of scan to email issues on the e series at installation time.

Server connection every time: Usually fixed by a reboot.
Server connection failure erratically: Problem tends to go away on its own.

The biggest issue we are having is the "Automatically Deleted" error. No clue what that means but we see it a lot. When these machines start this, nothing seems to work. We use a gmail account for testing and it will give the same error. Then all of a sudden, the problem goes away.

BHM
10-21-2013, 08:58 PM
had the same issue on a upgrade from C652/C360 to C754/C364e..Server connect issue on 1st attempt to scan, 2nd attempt would be successful. If you waited 5 min, the issue would repeat. The old systems NEVER had any email issues. Had to use the IP address of the mail server versus the name. Did the trick for the most part. Ed

Actually saw the same exact issue last week on an install. Every other scan would fail almost like clock work. Input the IP address instead or the server name and the issue went away. They have about 15 other bizhubs there setup identically using the email server name.

Mitch Barron
11-23-2015, 08:55 AM
Greetings all!

Hope you all are well. Summer is over and with winter seems to come all kinds of stupid problems. I am experiencing problems with our scan to email on a Bizhub c284. This machine is standing in our showroom (thank god!) and it has worked the last 2.5 years without a problem and now it won't send anything (server connection error). I have tried absolutely everything pointed out on the forums and have even asked the techs at our Distribute to check in on it and they were scratching their heads. I attached a snapshot of the rom version. The machine is setup over a Gmail account that I have used for countless customers and I am positive the settings are correct and I know the email itself is good too because I would have heard something from customers using said account. So far I have tried setting the network settings back to default and re-entered the info, wiped the machine completely and setup from factory, tried countless other mail servers (gmail, yahoo, private, etc), and have used IP address instead of host name with zero success. I have no clue what to try next. Any help or ideas? I'm starting to lose my cool and soon will find out if this bizhub can fly (I'm sure it can too!) oh, and I thought it could be something with our network here, but I took a different machine (c224) and plugged it in right beside the c284 on the same switch, set it up and it was sending mails in no time....Help plz.

Thanks! Take care!

Mitch31324

darry1322
11-23-2015, 02:49 PM
Greetings all!

Hope you all are well. Summer is over and with winter seems to come all kinds of stupid problems. I am experiencing problems with our scan to email on a Bizhub c284. This machine is standing in our showroom (thank god!) and it has worked the last 2.5 years without a problem and now it won't send anything (server connection error). I have tried absolutely everything pointed out on the forums and have even asked the techs at our Distribute to check in on it and they were scratching their heads. I attached a snapshot of the rom version. The machine is setup over a Gmail account that I have used for countless customers and I am positive the settings are correct and I know the email itself is good too because I would have heard something from customers using said account. So far I have tried setting the network settings back to default and re-entered the info, wiped the machine completely and setup from factory, tried countless other mail servers (gmail, yahoo, private, etc), and have used IP address instead of host name with zero success. I have no clue what to try next. Any help or ideas? I'm starting to lose my cool and soon will find out if this bizhub can fly (I'm sure it can too!) oh, and I thought it could be something with our network here, but I took a different machine (c224) and plugged it in right beside the c284 on the same switch, set it up and it was sending mails in no time....Help plz.

Thanks! Take care!

Mitch31324

It could be related to the recent changes Google made in regard to TLS. They were using TLS 1.0 and have recently migrated to TLS 2.0.

KonicaMinolta released a tech bulletin on this #9894

The fix for now involves installing a self signed security certificate on the machine.

Blizzoo
11-23-2015, 04:05 PM
Here is the bulletin attached
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/104413-scan-email-using-gmail-settings.html

Mitch Barron
11-30-2015, 03:14 PM
Greetings all.

Hope you are all well and busy fixing stuff. I just wanted to report back after getting my email issue sorted. I can't really say what did it, but I can outline what was done the brought mine back to life. Perhaps it will prevent someone else's brain from exploding (not guaranteed). Anyway, after trying many email accounts and resetting the network settings a billion times and not getting anywhere I decided to completely initialize the machine and set it up again as if new. I created a new self signed certificate and installed it on the machine, activated/configured ssl, API settings, and TCP settings. After configuring everything I then configured the email smtp without authentification and it worked. I think it is pretty standard procedure for issues such as this, but I have never had the problem, so I had never done certificate settings and so on. Thanks to everyone who helped out with suggestions! Helped a ton! If someone is reading this and needs a little more detail on how I did this then please shoot me a message and I can elaborate some more as to what was exactly done. Thanks again to all. Happy Holiday season everyone!

Mitch

Custom Search