PDA

View Full Version : Jamming C364e + FS-534 = jam 7216

Custom Search

wseyller
09-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Brand new machine has this issue when I'm doing the install. I know they test this before delivery so maybe something happened during transport. Issue happens majority of the time. Every so often paper will come out fine.

The paper jams in horizontal conveyance code 7216. Paper crashes into the first pair of rollers in horizontal conveyance. I notice the rollers are going in reverse. Check RU entrance (ps2) and it will not switch as it stays on zero in sensor check. Made sure connections are good the sensor. Did not check where it goes to main board. Didn't have time.

It took this RU entrance off and have it with me. I'm likely to get a sensor first to try but is there any way to test if the sensor itself is bad?

Also are they any difference between these types of sensor. What I mean is can I take a sensor from say a bizhub paper feed unit to replace it. They look about the same. I noticed that the RU entrance sensor has written on it SG 364 and the spare paper feed unit I have has SG 571 on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JustManuals
09-06-2013, 01:34 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

wseyller
09-06-2013, 02:04 AM
After looking at the service manual I think I possibly mis- diagnosed. Got my sensors mixed up. Possibly I was looking at the wrong manual because I was being rushed. Guess I will have to go back with a clearer head.

emujo
09-06-2013, 01:13 PM
Just went through this...on the front side frame there are 2 scribe marks. You must ensure the 2 gears/cams are aligned correctly or you get timing issues that result in the jams. It's difficult to see how the alignment works unless you look at one that is working correctly 1st. Once we got these 2 pieces aligned right, problem solved. Emujo

wseyller
09-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Just went through this...on the front side frame there are 2 scribe marks. You must ensure the 2 gears/cams are aligned correctly or you get timing issues that result in the jams. It's difficult to see how the alignment works unless you look at one that is working correctly 1st. Once we got these 2 pieces aligned right, problem solved. Emujo

Is this on the main unit or the Horizontal transport?

emujo
09-06-2013, 03:04 PM
disregard, this is for the 535. Sorry about that chief... Emujo

wseyller
09-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Found it was one of the connectors that plug into the back of the main unit. Had a bent pin causing the rollers to turn backwards.

Custom Search