PDA

View Full Version : ADF and Scanner section size detection

Custom Search

Phrag
09-06-2013, 04:35 AM
Hi guys and gals,

I just looked at a C284 (non 'e' version) that was exhibiting some strange behaviour.

The symptoms were;

Placing an A4 document on the feed tray yielded an error message stating Original on Glass. Remove Original.
Placing an A4 portrait size sheet on glass; Machine detects A3.
Placing an A4 Landscape size sheet on glass; Machine detects 81/2 x 14".

I'm located in Australia, and we don't use those weird sizes. At the moment the issue is gone.

What I decided I would try was to set this particular setting; [Service Mode] > [System 1] > [Original Size Detection] and change Copy Glass from Table 2 to Table 1. Instantly the problem disappeared. By default it looks like Table 2 is the default for Australia (according to the myriad of C284e's in my office.)

My question/s is/are:

Is there any adverse effects to changing the size detection table to 1?
Is there a copy of either Table to look at?

I've searched through the Service and Theory manuals, but all I can make sense of is this:

(1) Copy Glass
(a) Use

[*=1]To change the size detection table for document glass.

(b) Default Setting

[*=1]The default setting varies depending on marketing area.

(c)Setting item

[*=1]Table 1
[*=1]Table 2

NOTE

[*=1]Table 2 can be set only when original size sensor 2 is being mounted.

It has the second size sensor installed from what I can see. (2 black rectangular boxes with a small dome shaped sensor at the rear right section of scanner.

Firmware is G20-66. Currently downloading the most recent firmware, but on the work internet connection, downloading anything sizeable takes 1.5 hours or more.

I appreciate any suggestions or help.

Cheers.

suomi
09-06-2013, 10:38 AM
Try test chart adjustments on the Service Mode. It is same that installation manual.

ivovb
09-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Especially check setting System 2 > ADF Setting > DF-624/701

BR

Kidaver
09-06-2013, 06:15 PM
If you don't set the ADF in system 2 on an e version your ADF won't respond at all....the non e versions I believe detect the ADF...

ivovb
09-06-2013, 06:52 PM
You are right, Kidaver, about setting - if not set it wont work at all. I mean if it is wrong setting. Anyway. Suomi advice is comprehensive.

BR

Phrag
09-09-2013, 01:35 AM
Well, after having viewed a couple of C284e's in the office here, the default seems to be Table 2.

They haven't called back with an issue yet, but I advised them of what I did and to call us back if anything strange happens. So far so good.

I'll bookmark this thread though in case I end up going back.

Cheers guys.

Custom Search