PDA

View Full Version : c203 wierd

Custom Search

mikeena
09-06-2013, 04:36 AM
hello everyone so I have this c203 im working on. I have replaced the image unit transfer belt for other reasons and im getting a weird problem internally when you print gradation adjustments it prints perfect no marks but when I print or copy the lead edge is almost as if it is being erased more noticeable on black and white the colors come out better but u can see a where it wants to black though is noticeable. I thought 2nd transfer roller but then why is halftones ect perfect.it cant be the ccd cause it has bad prints as well so I guess the question im asking is what does print an copy use that the internal prints don't. my other thought is do colors have a higher voltage transfer then black. If it does it would tell me it is possible that the 2nd transfer roller is the problem any suggestions or anything would help

Phrag
09-06-2013, 06:24 AM
Do you mean that the lead edge of the image seems to be shifted toward the trailing edge more than it should be?

Is it possible to upload some examples?

mikeena
09-06-2013, 06:30 AM
ill upload images tomorrow at work if you were to look at them you would swear the black image unit was bad the image is there but there is a lot of white on I believe it is the lead edge as if the image did not transfer good but gradation and halftones ect are all perfect it only happens when you print or copy

mikeena
09-06-2013, 04:44 PM
ok here are the pics just keep in mind like i said i replaced the transfer belt and image unit and it do not change nothing

JustManuals
09-06-2013, 07:36 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

scottybbb
09-06-2013, 07:42 PM
I would try transfer roller.

mikeena
09-06-2013, 08:35 PM

i will try this on monday im gutting a c253 right now im pulling the boards ou of it to take with me i have some firmware tech support wants me to do (dont think it will work) but i was going to take the roller with me and change it first to see if problem goes away. i cant believe it would be it because the problem changes with orientation and the internal prints dont have any flaws but its a machine lol they do what they want when they want but yes 2nd transfer roller is getting replaced

Phrag
09-09-2013, 01:36 AM

That would have been my guess as well, although it was a bit hard to tell what the issuer was with those photos, unfortunately.

RRodgers
09-09-2013, 06:56 AM
You have the paper weight set properly?

blackcat4866
09-10-2013, 12:05 AM
You have the paper weight set properly?

You mean poor secondary transfer due to incorrect media settings? I like that idea. =^..^=

RRodgers
09-11-2013, 01:44 PM
You mean poor secondary transfer due to incorrect media settings? I like that idea. =^..^=

Ahhh ya mind reader you!!! ha ha!

nvram
09-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Hi, where the back of the transfer roller sits into the frame when the door is closed, there is a metal plate, this gets pitted and causes a voltage drop at the roller, remove the contamination, this should solve your fault.

Custom Search