PDA

View Full Version : Jamming J-3201 on C6500 PRO

Custom Search

drodas78
09-06-2013, 07:31 AM
Hi everybody.

I'm in deeply need of help.

Long history short:
I have a C6500 PRO and last friday started jamming. The machine is 604K prints and FS-607 finisher attached. We also have a C5501 PRO with 300K copies.

The jam code I get all the time is J-3201 even when I send a blank page to the printer. The finisher was removed and the jams continue. We tought the fusing unit would be the problem so I exchanged the fusing unit of the C5501 and I'm getting the same jams. So the fusing unit is not the problem. Also I haven't done the 600K PM but because of the C5501 fusing unit is doing well I think is not the PM. However I'm ordering all the parts to do the 600K PM.

I think is worth to mention that I found a C-Clip inside the machine at the rear near the fusing unit. I'm attaching pictures of this C-Clip and the place where it was.

I'm also attaching pictures of the jammed copies. As you will see: in letter and 11x17 paper the paper goes out of the machine about 5 inches and then the jam is detected. For letter size paper: the paper is fused and I can use the copy but the machine always tell me to open the front door and look for jamed paper. For the 11x17 the last 4 inches are not fused.

I would really appreciate if some one can suggest me some procedures or parts to check preferably with diagrams. I'm outside US so I have to order and wait about 6 days to get any part in my country. I want to know if I can exchange the paper exit from the C5501 to check if the problem is in the paper exit but I want to know if doing this is OK.

Thank you for your help. It's really needed.

JustManuals
09-06-2013, 07:44 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Luther
09-06-2013, 08:25 PM
there are 3 gears/M that need to be replaced and their shaft cleaned, also check your fusing limiter.

there are 3 white gears within the gearbox section that have a oneway-clutch, these gears leak oil and best to replace them and clean the shafts.
Good tip is to roughen the shafts

3 fixing drive gears A03U 8093 11
1 fixing limiter 65AA 5365 1
1 fixing drive shaft A03U 7258 00

drodas78
09-06-2013, 09:05 PM
there are 3 gears/M that need to be replaced and their shaft cleaned, also check your fusing limiter.

there are 3 white gears within the gearbox section that have a oneway-clutch, these gears leak oil and best to replace them and clean the shafts.
Good tip is to roughen the shafts

3 fixing drive gears A03U 8093 11
1 fixing limiter 65AA 5365 1
1 fixing drive shaft A03U 7258 00

Thank you Luther.

I checked the parts you told me to change but all this parts are in the fusing unit. Yesterday I swapped fusing units between the two machines I have: C5501 and C6500 the C5501 is working very well I have done today more than 2,000 printings but yesterday when I installed the C5501 fusing unit in the C6500 machine I got the same jams and same jam code errror. I have exchanged the whole fusing unit. So I'm a bit confused because this gears and shafts you tell me are different in the C5501 fusing unit and I got the same jams. What do you think about this?

I also have to mention that because the C6500 is needed they have printed letter paper with this problem since the paper is fused in full but the machine always jams. Do you think that maybe another part of the C6500 can be damaged because of this?

Thank you for your time. I'm awaiting your prompt answer. I need help. I need to fix the machine.

methogod
09-06-2013, 09:27 PM
what happens if you run face up?

looks like the exit assy is failing or failed.

then i can help...

drodas78
09-06-2013, 09:33 PM
what happens if you run face up?

looks like the exit assy is failing or failed.

then i can help...

Hi. I always run face up. The white page you are looking in the picture was sent without image from the computer to test if the jamming has something to do with toner coverage but even this blank page was jammed. If you need more info, or pictures I will do it gladly.

Thank you.

Luther
09-06-2013, 09:50 PM
I dont think those gears are on the fuser they are the gears that are in picture 6, the white gear above the corona contacts

drodas78
09-06-2013, 11:04 PM
I dont think those gears are on the fuser they are the gears that are in picture 6, the white gear above the corona contacts

Hi Luther. My mistake I think.

I can clearly see the white gears in the picture. However I was looking in the explode views manual and I can only find the Fixing drive gear (A03U 8093 11) near the M29 motor. Are the gears at the back the same? I'm asking because I'm not in USA I will order the gears but it will take about 6 days for me to get them. I need to be sure that I'm ordering the right parts. I was looking also in the field service manual for the procedures to change that gears and I couldn't find it. Could you give me the replacing procedures? I'm attaching the only 2 pages of the manual where I could find the gears.

Thank you.

methogod
09-06-2013, 11:26 PM
if both fusers dont work, it not the fuser.

you can eliminate #1, #4 and most likely #2....

1. Too much toner on page when printing with high toner coverage. There is a very high toner coverage with the paper sometimes wrapping around the fuser roller and sticking thus causing the jam.
In the printer driver, select TONER REDUCTION which is located under the IMAGE tab.

2. Incorrect setting of DIPswitch 8-5. This DIPswitch default is normally set to 0 or disabled.
Enable DIPswitch 8-5 setting to 1. Depending on paper type, thickness, weight and size, enabling this DIPswitch increases the reversing speed, closing the timing gap between PS17 (Fusing Paper Exit) and PS13 (Paper Exit).

3. Paper Exit sensor (PS13) is not flagging correctly.
Check the operation of PS13 in I/O mode 20-8. The correct reading is 000 (LOW) when no paper is present and 001 (HI) when paper is present. Replace PS13 (p/n 08AA 8551 2) if needed.
Note: The Paper exit Relay Wiring/2 harness for PS13 may also need to be replaced (p/n A03U N226 00).

4. Damaged linkage for paper exit gate or failed paper exit solenoid SD4. The jam occurs when duplexing either face up or face down. Paper stops in the inversion section at reverse roller/Lw before entering the ADU section. All motors and sensors test good in state confirmation mode.
Test SD4 in state confirmation mode 80-0. Repair linkage (p/n 65AA 4928 0) or replace SD4 (p/n 65AA R704 00) if deemed necessary.

5. Broken Locking Cam. (DIAGRAM ATTACHED)
Replace Locking Cam (p/n 65AA 5032 0)

CHECK OUT #3 would be my guess... then look at #5...

What is the meter of the machine?
What is the count of the decurling rollers (exit de-curling)

drodas78
09-07-2013, 02:51 AM
if both fusers dont work, it not the fuser.

you can eliminate #1, #4 and most likely #2....

1. Too much toner on page when printing with high toner coverage. There is a very high toner coverage with the paper sometimes wrapping around the fuser roller and sticking thus causing the jam.
In the printer driver, select TONER REDUCTION which is located under the IMAGE tab.

2. Incorrect setting of DIPswitch 8-5. This DIPswitch default is normally set to 0 or disabled.
Enable DIPswitch 8-5 setting to 1. Depending on paper type, thickness, weight and size, enabling this DIPswitch increases the reversing speed, closing the timing gap between PS17 (Fusing Paper Exit) and PS13 (Paper Exit).

3. Paper Exit sensor (PS13) is not flagging correctly.
Check the operation of PS13 in I/O mode 20-8. The correct reading is 000 (LOW) when no paper is present and 001 (HI) when paper is present. Replace PS13 (p/n 08AA 8551 2) if needed.
Note: The Paper exit Relay Wiring/2 harness for PS13 may also need to be replaced (p/n A03U N226 00).

4. Damaged linkage for paper exit gate or failed paper exit solenoid SD4. The jam occurs when duplexing either face up or face down. Paper stops in the inversion section at reverse roller/Lw before entering the ADU section. All motors and sensors test good in state confirmation mode.
Test SD4 in state confirmation mode 80-0. Repair linkage (p/n 65AA 4928 0) or replace SD4 (p/n 65AA R704 00) if deemed necessary.

5. Broken Locking Cam. (DIAGRAM ATTACHED)
Replace Locking Cam (p/n 65AA 5032 0)

CHECK OUT #3 would be my guess... then look at #5...

What is the meter of the machine?
What is the count of the decurling rollers (exit de-curling)

Hi. I'm not sure how to test the I/O mode 20-8 with paper present. Do I need to insert a sheet of paper from the front of the Paper exit section while in I/O check mode? Thank you!

mariappanpm
10-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Is the problem solved??
If not replace the sensor in exit unit

Setright
10-21-2013, 10:02 AM
I agree with the above. The sensor flags will wear down with that many prints.

It can be hard to see if you don't know the original length of a sensor flag...the paper wears the plastic very evenly.

I know the the attached image from a fuser sensor, but others will be similar. This is only to illustrate :-)

alabovic
01-26-2014, 11:01 PM
We had the same problem, but with our Meteor DP60 (engine is C6500P) with 2,600,000 impressions . Trying to solve our problem I found out this post. I didn't help me much, because I never found out what was the solution of the your problem and it was weekend, so I couldn't find any spare parts.
But I solved mine with cleaning the contacts of the plugs on the back of the machine. I found wires of the sensor leading to the board, cleaned contacts with contact spray and reconnected it back on the board. From my experience this is common problem with this type of machines.

JR2ALTA
01-27-2014, 12:37 AM
I have no idea other than, why waste your time until you find our where the clip fell from

JR2ALTA
01-27-2014, 12:38 AM
.... and once again I get fooled into posting on an old ass thread

mzydekpl
08-31-2018, 12:46 PM
Good morning, I'm new here.

Can any of you have a schematic where exactly is the sensor for

Replace PS13 (p/n 08AA 8551 2)

We ordered this sensor but at the customer's in the machine it looks different than this one.

Maybe some of you have machine diagrams with a part description?

Synthohol
08-31-2018, 01:08 PM
its on the exit section not the fuser
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/40516d1535717277-j-3201-c6500-pro-ps13-jpg

methogod
08-31-2018, 06:47 PM
have the pull the RU/finishers, left side panel, then the exit unit.

Not hard, just time consuming.

mzydekpl
01-15-2019, 12:26 PM
Stripped down the entire module, cleaned, replaced sensor.

Works fine till now.

Thank you so much for help

Phil B.
01-15-2019, 09:42 PM
Good morning, I'm new here.

Can any of you have a schematic where exactly is the sensor for

Replace PS13 (p/n 08AA 8551 2)

We ordered this sensor but at the customer's in the machine it looks different than this one.

Maybe some of you have machine diagrams with a part description?

this thread is YEARS OLD..start your own NEW THREAD!

Custom Search