PDA

View Full Version : C253 With No Web Connection Page

Custom Search

Amos_Mike
09-06-2013, 04:04 PM
We recently relocated a C253 from Arkansas to our office here in Ohio.

Plugged in and everything is running fine. Set new IP to allow it on our network. Setup on our print server and even have users able to see it and use it.

Every time I attempt to get to the web interface all I get it a white screen. I use Chrome for the most part and nothing but white screen, but when I am using IE 9 I am actually getting jumbled text on the screen, almost as if it is attempting to find information out about the printer.

I have checked all the settings that I can think of, I have read the manual, but there isn't much on the web interface NOT working. I have four other Konica Minolta's in the office that I can get to fine and most of the settings that I can find all match.

Wondering if there is an install or an enable feature somewhere on the unit itself that is not allowing it to display any information.

Thanks,

Amos_Mike

ivovb
09-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Try to use Firefox. I have problems many times with clients' PCs where only IE and/or Chrome are installed. Also check/re-install flash player.

BR

Amos_Mike
09-06-2013, 06:26 PM
I was positive that was not going to work, as I can connect to other Konica machines in house.

However, it did work. Not sure why Firefox is the only browser that can open that, but at least I know that it works.

Thanks for the input.

ivovb
09-06-2013, 06:47 PM
I have this problem since 3-4 years ago. I dont have time to go in deep but since firefox works anytime I dont care. It might be IEs default settings or some add-on or ... Anyway.

BR

EarthKmTech
09-08-2013, 01:34 PM
I've never seen chrome work on the c253 series, and I own one.

It doesn't appear to work on safari either for what its worth.

IE is the go for me, i hate it for everything else and never use it, but only use it for work purposes when i have to.

Chrome +adblock +adblock plus is my regular browser of choice even on my macs.

copier addict
09-08-2013, 02:33 PM
I find that Chrome in general sucks as a browser. I use Firefox, especially for accessing pagescope on the C353 series. IE sometimes allows you to access user mode, but will almost always fail when you try to log into Admin. Chrome won't even let you log into user mode on pagescope.
Just my two cents.

Bix
05-07-2018, 04:15 PM
I've just had this problem. With Google Chrome and IE it does not work while Firefox Mozilla is the only one able to open. I think because the web interface is composed of adobe components / plugins.

An advice that worked with me: If not even with firefox open, delete your browsing data and try again.

bsm2
05-07-2018, 09:35 PM
Konica's like java foxfire

Nommo
05-07-2018, 11:34 PM
Nah, these Konica's are not Java anymore. The 7222 series were Java based, that was long time ago.
You can try to change URL file. First write IP address, press enter. When white page appears, you need to change file in URL to top.xml - than it should work ;)

I don't remember that exactly, cuz I didn't use these machines for a while, cannot tell exactly about URL, but that was smth like that ;)

Regards,
Nommo.

Synaux
05-08-2018, 01:27 AM
Nah, these Konica's are not Java anymore. The 7222 series were Java based, that was long time ago.
You can try to change URL file. First write IP address, press enter. When white page appears, you need to change file in URL to top.xml - than it should work ;)

I don't remember that exactly, cuz I didn't use these machines for a while, cannot tell exactly about URL, but that was smth like that ;)

Regards,
Nommo.

Oh god the Java...worked only when the fat lady was taking a shit...

progoffice
05-08-2018, 01:50 PM
In Internet Explorer, enter the IP Address of the copier. After you get the white screen, go to Tools, Compatibility View Settings, and add the IP Address of the copier. You will then see the web page come up. I've seen this on the C253/C353 as well as the C451. This has been the fix for me on these older machines.

Custom Search