PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C554E showing Off Hook

Custom Search

mikez
09-09-2013, 06:55 PM
I have a C554e that randomly shows its off hook. Updated firmware, re-seated connections, reinitialized fax boards and did clear all data. I also turned off the option board on both fax lines because customer isn't using them yet and it still happens. IT shows up about once a week and locks up the copier cant get it out of fax/scan mode must reboot copier. Tried hotline they said they had 1 other instance of this happening but ticket is still open. Any suggestions would help.

Thanks

SmellsHot
09-09-2013, 08:26 PM
So machine goes to Off hook even with it not recognizing fax boards? I've seen a phone line cause the off hook before(surge on line, triggered button...or something like that)

SmellsHot
09-09-2013, 10:13 PM
hah Must've jinxed myself. Just had this happen on our office C224e. Someone was trying to scan to email and "press start to receive" off hook message popped up. I was able to clear message by going into service mode and doing and data clear of history and system errors.
Very weird

wseyller
09-10-2013, 03:17 AM
Times I've actually seen the hook toggle by itself was a bad phone line. Could be bad fax card but not likely. If it happens a lot you can hear it if you disconnect the fax and plug in a phone to the line while listening to the dial tone. I usually hear a good dial tone go to a high pitch constant tone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

SmellsHot
09-10-2013, 12:27 PM
my machine doesn't even have a fax. Theres not even the option for off hook/on hook

mikez
09-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Phone lines aren't even plugged into fax board. It hasn't happened since i did data clear but we'll see.

mikez
09-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Copier showing off hook again this morning. Clear all didn't fix issue. I Don't have any other ideas.

SmellsHot
09-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Just had it happen again on a different C224e. I was having issues with scan to smb. It errored out a few times and then went to Off hook.....We cannot be the only ones having this issue. Anyone else see this?

EarthKmTech
09-20-2013, 12:11 AM
are you running the latest fw on these machines?

as per usual with KM the machines are full of bugs when released and then slowly they are ironed out with very regular firmware updates.

Also, if you are able to get to the utility menu while this problem is occurring and you have not power cycled the machine - see if the administrator password works. If it rejects the password as being incorrect you have a corrupt hard drive and formatting it / replacing it and setting up the required data again by hand will be required. (dont back anything up for reinstallation as you will transfer the error back to the machine) I've had the hdd issue cause some very strange issues on the e series.

ivovb
09-20-2013, 10:01 AM
I'm quite curious about firmware versions. I have several C224e and C554e and feeling lucky by now. Could all of you share this info...

BR

SmellsHot
09-20-2013, 01:03 PM
latest and greatest on all of my machines, Version 63

ivovb
09-20-2013, 01:41 PM
Mine are 41. Still have no good reason to upgrade. Hope it keeps that way...

BR

WildbillC
09-20-2013, 03:06 PM
I also had a 224e, that when you tried to email, it would sometimes display an "off hook" with no fax board installed....
Are we starting to see a pattern here?

B0265
12-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Have anyone fond the solution?

BHM
12-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Have anyone fond the solution?

No solution from me but we are seeing the issue as well with original FW and newest FW. We were presently trying to determine if it was happening only on machines with the fax option but reading through this thread, it seems to happen without the fax installed. I also noticed that often when this is happening, I can not exit the scan/fax mode to go back to the copy mode. Almost everytime, rebooting the copier clears the condition for a while.

rfiore
01-22-2014, 01:40 PM
Got this happening on three of our machine a 224e and a couple of 284e. Spoke to KM who have now said they are aware of the problem and sent it to Japan.Seems to trigger the off hook problem when people edit the address book.

Albonline
01-22-2014, 05:48 PM
suspect yet another weakness in the ssd board

hotfuser
01-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Good afternoon guys

I have had the same problem and the unoffical fix is to to delete all SMB folders and re input.
There is supposed to be a bug in the copier firmware which gets into the address book if you edit one of the SMB folders so this then brings up 'off hook' even though the copier has not got a fax unit attached.
There is a new firmware being released come the end of the month so i have heard through the copier grapevine.
if i get any more news i will keep you updated.

Osty
01-24-2014, 05:47 PM
Currently have this happening on one of my new C224e's thats only been in the field for less than a month. Still working on it and have a ticket open with KM Tech Support. Have replaced the MFP Board, HDD, and done the SSD Board format procedure to no success. They did have a SMB one touch that I deleted since they don't even use it anymore. Just started working on a C364 and the customer described the same issue to me, they press a email one touch and the machine says off hook. Going to try deleting and re-entering the one touches and see if that helps, the C364 didn't have any SMB one touches created.

Max
02-19-2015, 04:18 PM
Got 2 new copiers doing exactly the same only 2 months old. c364e and a c454e. Updated f/w on the 364 and so far the customer hasn't called back yet. So is it the firmware???

BHM
02-19-2015, 05:10 PM
Got 2 new copiers doing exactly the same only 2 months old. c364e and a c454e. Updated f/w on the 364 and so far the customer hasn't called back yet. So is it the firmware???

Yes, installing current firmware seems to resolve that issue.

Custom Search