PDA

View Full Version : Jamming at Decurl Roller on C6500

Custom Search

seniortech
02-22-2008, 08:21 PM
I have a problem on a C6500 (Copy Count is only 380K) that is driving me nuts. There are no problems when the machine is set to exit the paper face up, when exiting face down the paper obviously has to refeed slightly into the ADU in order to exit face down, the paper is constantly jamming at or just before the Decurl Roller.

When the fault originally appeared you could run the decurl roller motor in service mode and occasionally it would slow and stop, with a whining noise coming from the decurl motor, I replaced the motor with no effect, I then replaced the AC driver PCB (KM Bulletin) and the fault disappeared for about 500 copies. It then reappeared and the paper jams (when exiting face down) almost constantly, this time the motor and drive all check out OK.

All sensors have been tested in tech rep and check out fine, all clutches in the ADU seem to run ok in all modes.

Is this a known fault and is there a fix. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

mikeena
02-22-2008, 09:49 PM
heres what you need to try. have you replaced the decurler roller yet. there has been a couple of problems with this roller where it got deformed. if this problem is still there after that the next question witch probably should have been the first one has there been a pm done and if so did the problem start there or before then let me know

Livebychance
02-22-2008, 10:02 PM
replace ADU board.

seniortech
02-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Yes the Decurl roller has been replaced, PM (200k) done at 260K, machine worked fine after.

mikeena
02-22-2008, 10:25 PM
have you made sure bearings are sitting fine. does it ever just wrinkle the paper are always jam. i guess i should of asked this before does it jam. like physically you can say shit or is there not even a single wrinkle on the paper.

pepper38_cnd
02-22-2008, 11:24 PM
I don't know if this might be your problem, but Did it the first time I changed a D-Curl roller there are 2 bearings on each end 4 total, one tends to stick to the roller shaft, I threw it out with the shaft and put the new one in with only 3 bearings the machine ran for about a week for I got the problem you are describing. I have attached the parts diagram item 16 are the bearings.

mikeena
02-23-2008, 08:20 AM
i have also seen where techs forget to put all bearings on. they leave them on the decurler and through it away. lmao. i had to jump in my dumpster to find them and pull them out

twinax
02-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi guy,

What is the error code generated by the machine? when problem occured.

May be your problem is caused PS17 - PS19 just after the fixing unit. (error code 3201-02...) paper is turned at this place

PB sensor used, broken, bad adjustement.

Regards,

Luther
02-23-2008, 06:01 PM
May also bee the one way bearing on the end of the decurler roller shaft

Haroldbfix
02-27-2008, 02:26 AM
Ive seen a couple of machines with similar symptoms. The exit motor goes out(A03UM111000) alot. The motor will evetually stop turning and then take out the Conv Drive Board Assembly located at the front of the ADU/Conveyance section (A03UH05004). One sympton of this problem is when you run 11X17 face down you can hear the paper hit the lower rollers near the adu entrance section, or just stop there and jam.

elr
02-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Check the actuator for ps19 direct behind the fixing unit in the black guide plate.
The actuator is worn off by the paper .

jorgea
10-10-2017, 03:53 PM
did any of this guys fixed their machine? and what was the fix?

Custom Search