PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 501 C-2403 error code

Custom Search

walterman
09-10-2013, 02:04 PM
I am currently working on a Bizhub 501 with a C-2403 error code. I have removed the toner bottle assembly and have vacuumed out the toner bottle phase sensor and the entire assembly. I ran 75 copies out of the mfp and thought I was done, when I was with the customer the mfp started to beep, then the error C-2403 magically appeared back on the screen. I have read a lot of posts on this particular issue and have seen where tecs have replaced the ps28 sensor ( toner bottle phase sensor), installed a new indexing ring (50ge33152f) and still have had the C-2403 error reappear. I also read where tecs have modified the springs on the toner lock door ( which I have not attempted yet). I have two questions 1.) Is there a part number for the ps28 sensor and do I need to replace it? 2.) Is there a cut and dry solution to resolve this issue?

Imsdal
09-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Hello there..
I had the same problem with the same model a year ago and i replaced the sensor and all that...no help then I replaced the drum, starter and the fixunit and everything work just fine.
hope this will help

Cheers

David

JustManuals
09-10-2013, 05:51 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

CompyTech
09-10-2013, 10:09 PM
I am currently working on a Bizhub 501 with a C-2403 error code. I have removed the toner bottle assembly and have vacuumed out the toner bottle phase sensor and the entire assembly. I ran 75 copies out of the mfp and thought I was done, when I was with the customer the mfp started to beep, then the error C-2403 magically appeared back on the screen. I have read a lot of posts on this particular issue and have seen where tecs have replaced the ps28 sensor ( toner bottle phase sensor), installed a new indexing ring (50ge33152f) and still have had the C-2403 error reappear. I also read where tecs have modified the springs on the toner lock door ( which I have not attempted yet). I have two questions 1.) Is there a part number for the ps28 sensor and do I need to replace it? 2.) Is there a cut and dry solution to resolve this issue?

Unfortunately, there is no cure for that problem.. It is a design defect. But, usually in your case where you vacuum and code returns, you should replace the ps28 and ps4. They're both right there and you have to take half the machine apart to get to that unit anyways.

All the mods out there are completely useless. The 501 has all the mods carried over from the 500. Most the errors are when the customer incorrectly loads toner. The real solution is to replace the machine with a 423.

walterman
09-11-2013, 12:10 AM
Tank you, Compytec, I will order both sensors and replace them and let you know how it goes. Any pointers?

JR2ALTA
09-11-2013, 02:14 AM
You should've tried a different toner bottle first. They are keyed with nubs that can be busted.

Vacuuming is kind of pointless, it needs canned air to get inside the sensor slits.

But if you spend 45 minutes minutes getting to the sensors to blow them out, might as well replace them.

The spring on the blue door is something to look at, it puts pressure on the bottle to make it engage properly.

When you're done, don't walk away. You have to run and run and run copies until can you watch the bottle turn then STOP. Once it does that, you're good to go.

Sky shots go quicker, but if the machine is already thirsty for toner, you will further strip the developer.

walterman
09-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Thank you for your response JR2ALTA, I will have the customer try a new toner bottle while I am ordering the sensors.

CraigW
09-11-2013, 01:45 PM
If you take the FS off you can see the little access plate that they added to get to the sensor.

I had read about it... but only recently saw where it was.

G-unit
09-16-2013, 12:28 AM
Hi, I have a school board full of Bizhub 421's. I have had bad toner bottles - usually after market. I have also replaced the phase sensor. I have had to replace the entire toner drive unit a few times. I believe the main issue with the drive unit is the gear (item # 4 on page 25 gets chewed up.) However I had one where I had tried all of these things and still the problem came back. The solution was to post a sign with a photo of the operation panel while it was displaying "Toner Supply in Progress" In black magic marker we wrote "Please Do Not Touch Machine, when it is displaying this message!" We found several partially used bottles of toner. The machine was 3 flights of stairs up from my key operator's office and she did not want to lock up toner so only she could add it. This problem had dogged me for a month and a half. The sign has been up for a year with no more problems. Yes this code is a constant pain in the backside in general on my machines, but one of the above should fix it.

alam2020
09-16-2013, 01:49 AM
check the toner bottle is it properly installed cheat the door and check while u r making copies is it turning

walterman
09-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Thank you for your time and response. I did cheat the door and I did not see the bottle spin at all. I have ordered both sensors and I also had the customer order a new toner while I am waiting for the sensors. I had them order the toner on Thursday and am waiting to hear back from them to see if that may resolve their issue.

walterman
09-18-2013, 01:30 AM
Thank you for all of the responses to this issue. I have replaced both sensors ( ps4 and p28) today and installed a brand new toner bottle. The error came back after 75 or so copies. I do not see the toner bottle move at all, however I can hear the toner motor engaging to try add the toner, so I believe I may have to replace the indexing ring in the toner assembly.

JR2ALTA
09-18-2013, 01:42 AM
when the toner motor is engaging, push the bottle in with your finger. this will simulate the spring tension on the little blue door. if it's starts the turn then your issus is the spring is too weak in the blue door

walterman
09-18-2013, 03:45 AM
I tried that... no go, it worked for a moment when I helped the bottle turn but then nothing on all my other attemptes.

CompyTech
09-19-2013, 02:53 AM
I tried that... no go, it worked for a moment when I helped the bottle turn but then nothing on all my other attemptes.

May need to replace the toner supply unit.

digicor
11-18-2013, 07:40 PM
If you take the FS off you can see the little access plate that they added to get to the sensor.

I had read about it... but only recently saw where it was.
Where is this access plate?

CraigW
11-18-2013, 08:00 PM
Where is this access plate?

I looked on PDF #177 of field service but was not clear enough..... maybe it was under the cover for write unit (had to clean mirrors for light at edge) but pretty sure that's what it's for.

Let us know what you find out, don't have a 501 handy to look.

digicor
11-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Biz Hub Blk N Wht 501
Here's what happened,
The toner needed changing, i used an after market bottle i had from another machine, then the code sc 2403 came right up, so i switched it the next day with OEM, now the code only comes up when the bottle rotates.
The Bottle will rotate two or three times then code out., Is there is a reset or what?, ive re set the hopper to its original position every time, then it rotates two or three times and then is codes.

rahadyan himura
11-18-2013, 11:58 PM

yup, you right, error code C-2403 is toner bottle position sensor (PS28), actually you don't need to replace the new one but just cleaning the sensor only. it's answer for you questions number 1.
if you copier installed finisher, uninstall your finisher from your copier and you can see small plate at sided toner cover. remove 1 screw and remove the plate. using short screw driver and remove toner bottle position sensor and clean it. from you story i thing not your machine problem but the toner bottle cup. so after you cleaning your toner bottle position sensor and change your toner also, using original toner (TN511) from KM.
i hope this can help you, thanks

digicor
11-19-2013, 02:45 PM
My 501 has no finisher, i removed the plastic paper catch cover, there is no one screw plate anywhere, i removed the fuser, as well.
Can you send a pic?

rahadyan himura
11-20-2013, 12:03 AM
My 501 has no finisher, i removed the plastic paper catch cover, there is no one screw plate anywhere, i removed the fuser, as well.
Can you send a pic?

yup, i send this pic for you and i hope this can help you.

rahadyan

digicor
11-21-2013, 02:27 PM
the only thing attached was a jpeg of a sample thumbnail..
please resend or send it to pbsoftampa@gmail.com
Thanks

stefanv
11-23-2013, 02:19 PM
If you replaced the sensor=PHOTO INTERRUPTER AND STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM=C2403
Replace toner supply unit

digicor
11-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Thanks

SAR
04-16-2014, 01:58 PM
FYI, Not all of these machines have that cutout for access to the sensor. It must have been a later series of these where they added it. I have a bunch of these machines, some have it, some don't.

blackcat4866
04-17-2014, 01:01 AM
FYI, Not all of these machines have that cutout for access to the sensor. It must have been a later series of these where they added it. I have a bunch of these machines, some have it, some don't.

None of the machines that I've seen have this access door. It must have been added recently on the 501's. =^..^=

stevena86
04-17-2014, 03:27 AM
Never seen one with that cut-out.

It's so bad with the schools we have that still have these machines (which are all well over 2m copies on each of them), that I carry the sensors and brackets that mount them with me in absurd quantities just so when I get the calls (which is always), I can just rip the machine apart and replace them and move on. Can get it done in about 30 minutes from together-apart-replace-together again. Not really proud of that, but am at the same time.

SAR
08-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Never seen one with that cut-out.

It's so bad with the schools we have that still have these machines (which are all well over 2m copies on each of them), that I carry the sensors and brackets that mount them with me in absurd quantities just so when I get the calls (which is always), I can just rip the machine apart and replace them and move on. Can get it done in about 30 minutes from together-apart-replace-together again. Not really proud of that, but am at the same time.

Here are the part numbers you need to install the cutout, so you have quick access to the sensor to clean it.
50GA10061E- Supply Stay/A (This is the new style cover with the cutout for access to the sensor)
AOR5103400- Cover Plate ( this is the plate that covers the cutout)

SAR
08-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Here are the part numbers you need to install the cutout, so you have quick access to the sensor to clean it.
50GA10061E- Supply Stay/A (This is the new style cover with the cutout for access to the sensor)
AOR5103400- Cover Plate ( this is the plate that covers the cutout)

digicor
08-01-2014, 04:15 PM
I got rid of the bizhub501 and will never service another one i replaced the machine with a ricoh MP400, very happy client and service department:cool:

CraigW
08-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Our sped up 7020s are doing pretty well for us.

Surely do miss the 7033-7045 series though.

Custom Search