PDA

View Full Version : BizHub 283 Lines of death

Custom Search

DigiMan
09-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Goodmorning everyone!
Got an "obscure" problem for the last months with this machine,it all started when the client called me
cuz the machine was making really fine lines from lead to trail edge on all papers both print and copy.
From a copy or print it wasnt very clear to see but when printing f.e a Graddation pattern it was "kinda" obvious.
Long story short i changed the whole drum assy(without the dev tank) and problem solved.
Now after 5-6 months he called me for the very same reason(only 1-2 lines now are obvious but hes kinda weird,really u need a freaking microscope to see them).Anyway the machine is working for a year and few moths now and it has only 28k on her.Was thinking that maybe Dev tank or Transfer roller is doing this over long time?Thing is hes out of the warranty now and hes claiming that the problem was present from when he was in warranty and hes not willing to pay for anything now :D Any thoughts for my happy days? :D

SmellsHot
09-12-2013, 12:36 PM
did you replace developer when you did the drum? Check for uneven wear or crescent shape on the white tabs on the transfer roller.

DigiMan
09-12-2013, 12:57 PM
did you replace developer when you did the drum? Check for uneven wear or crescent shape on the white tabs on the transfer roller.

Truth be told i didnt change the developer cuz i thought it had nothing to do with the problem but i did check everything you said very carefully.The lines were and are so thin that you cant even see them as "scratches" on the drum.The machine is crystal clean inside..BUT shes a douche of a machine(something i didnt mention),on the second month i had to change the fusing unit cuz it was popping a code(cant remember which one)and it wouldnt go away without replacing fuser,on the forth month i had to change the HV board for a code again,why both of these happened i have no idea.Shes a pain from the start :mad:

JustManuals
09-12-2013, 03:40 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

nvram
09-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Hi, check the mylars on the front and back of the dev tank mag roller, these can perforate causing grounding through the drum, this can and does give random fixer codes.

DigiMan
09-13-2013, 11:25 AM
Hi, check the mylars on the front and back of the dev tank mag roller, these can perforate causing grounding through the drum, this can and does give random fixer codes.

Appreciate the reply but as i said the machine is in excellent condition inside,including the mylars you mentioned,if there is a deform on the tank or on the tranfer roller it has to be so small that i cant see it or feel it by hand.

nvram
09-13-2013, 06:24 PM
hi, the wear on the Mylar can "felt" by rubbing your finger nail over it.

Custom Search