PDA

View Full Version : C280 copy quality problem

Custom Search

Konicoz
09-15-2013, 02:06 PM
time to consult the all knowing oracle again, yes that means you. I have a machine that is messing with me and the worst thing is the customer is 600kms away. So not easy to trouble shoot. The original call out was for feint copies realised K dev was not turning, replaced the main drive unit, then K dev unit and drum for good measure. all toner and sensor levels are in spec and there are no errors on display or in Management report. I have checked and rechecked HV board connections. Machine has less than 100k on it. The prints did not gradually go like this it was like this from copy #1. I think it could be laser or maybe its shorting out somewhere. See Att and let me know what you think pls.

blackcat4866
09-15-2013, 02:47 PM
The next thing I would do is emergency stop the machine with the ledger paper ~1/3 way past the secondary transfer. If you do this just right, there will be latent image all the way from the K drum to the secondary transfer. Then carefully pull the transfer belt assembly to check exactly where you've lost your image.

Reversing back down the paper path:
1) Developed image all the way to secondary transfer but not past?: Secondary transfer loss (unlikely based on your samples. It would affect all colors.)
2) Developed image up to, but not including the primary transfer belt?: Primary transfer loss (maybe the K transfer roller is out of position or no connection or HVT?)
3) No image on K drum?: a) no developer stir drive (I think you've already ruled this out), b) K laser failure, c) primary charge grid connection or HVT, d) image processing failure (PRCB or CCD, or something in-between)

Are your management reports legible in black only? If yes, that narrows it down to the PRCB or CCD.
Does that narrow it down a little? =^..^=

JustManuals
09-15-2013, 05:00 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

PeterG
09-16-2013, 06:18 AM
We had a 280 do this. It was the K dev drive clutch.
Yet you replaced the whole drive unit, didn't you?

Konicoz
09-16-2013, 06:46 AM
Thanks Guys

Peter - yes I replaced the Drive unit - Possible new one could be faulty (forgot never assume anything rule).. and didnt check it..

Blackcat - yeah done that - stopped the machine mid copy. Image is like that on the K drum (no solid) The only place that has solids is where I stopped the charge cleaning pad so I am getting charge through the corona wire.
Management reports are fine about 3cms down the page from the lead edge, the rest of the report is feint but legible.

I am leaning toward laser unit the more i think of it.

Konicoz
11-14-2013, 04:09 AM
so found the problem..... I brought the machine back to the office and found a mouse..,..yep, found the little bugger inside the machine dead behind the power supply unit.....he had chewed on one of the coils on the charge hv board - replaced that and voila...fixed. so much grief by little rodent.

gurko_gg
01-10-2014, 10:16 PM
did you write to service form :D

Regards

Gürkan.

JR2ALTA
01-11-2014, 03:10 AM
picture or it didn't happen

Hansoon
01-11-2014, 04:18 AM
There should be a service code for mice.....

Hans

Blizzoo
01-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Image is like that on the K drum (no solid) The only place that has solids is where I stopped the charge cleaning pad so I am getting charge through the corona wire.

I found that a nice trobleshooting tip.

Mice can cause strange problems

Synaux
01-13-2014, 03:58 AM
Makes you wonder how it even managed to get in there!

Normally, with mice/rat problems, I would suggest plugging holes with steel wool (they really dont like that stuff), but that would most likely cause a plethora of issues with a MFP...

Tell the customer to stop using the machine as a lunch table and call pest control :p

Custom Search