PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Oce VL4222 / Bizhub 421 C2402

Custom Search

G-unit
09-15-2013, 06:27 PM
HI, I have an Oce VL4222 or Bizhub 421 equivalent with a "C2402" which shows up immediately after firmware boots up. I have tried another M/C unit as well as swapping the entire drum unit. In fact I swapped the drum and dev units at the same time, and tried to run TCR... but it didn't seem to be doing anything. I have replaced the control board as well as the right hand door switch(used). If I turn on the machine with the door open I get a "C4101". I have also installed a used but functional LSU. I have observed zero change after all of these actions. I'm planning on replacing power supply and/or taking a closer look at door switches. Has anyone run into this before or have any ideas?

Jazzwcs
09-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Did you check to make sure the the connector for the Erase Lamp hasn't been damaged or disconnected? Also checked the connector and pins for the drum carriage on the machine side to make sure that they weren't damaged. As far as the 4101 code, thats a polygon motor failure or not turning at proper speed. If you are getting both of these errors, you are looking at a dcps issue or some type of power issue. Do you have a power filter installed with the machine?

G-unit
09-15-2013, 07:41 PM
There is not a power filter and I have not checked drum connector on machine side. Both sound like good ideas. I will definitely follow up on both of those. Thank you.

HI, I have an Oce VL4222 or Bizhub 421 equivalent with a "C2402" which shows up immediately after firmware boots up. I have tried another M/C unit as well as swapping the entire drum unit. In fact I swapped the drum and dev units at the same time, and tried to run TCR... but it didn't seem to be doing anything. I have replaced the control board as well as the right hand door switch(used). If I turn on the machine with the door open I get a "C4101". I have also installed a used but functional LSU. I have observed zero change after all of these actions. I'm planning on replacing power supply and/or taking a closer look at door switches. Has anyone run into this before or have any ideas?

JustManuals
09-16-2013, 05:05 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

G-unit
09-20-2013, 04:13 AM
I did not mention it originally but the EL lamp would light up in State Confirmation Mode. At any rate I traced the signal to the Print Control board. Replacing the Print Control Board (not the Over All Control Board) Solved it. C2402 and C4101 showed up frequently in service mode history. The customer must have been shutting it off and on and getting it to go. So if you start seeing these codes you may require a Print Control Board in future. Mind you I have never had an issue with this board before.

JR2ALTA
09-20-2013, 04:25 AM
You have a good post with a ton of good info.

But one reason I can't help you is because you didn't say what that error is for.

Sometimes, as techs, we remember the reason of a fault more than just the code of the fault.

G-unit
09-20-2013, 04:58 AM
This is my first forum. C2402 is EL lamp not lighting upon start up. I'll remember not to assume people know. Thanks for the tip.

Oneir
12-16-2013, 04:02 PM
Where is the EL Lamp located?

G-unit
12-17-2013, 02:00 AM
The charge elimination lamp is located right on the main charge corona unit. It neutralizes any residual charge left on the drum just prior to charging.

Custom Search