PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous IB-51 Wireless Card for use in TA-2550ci

Custom Search

Caz_101
09-17-2013, 01:45 AM
G'day there, As we know the new TASKalfa range has support for a wireless card (Which is about time :/ ). Anyway I've heard a few techs in the field say you can get the IB-51 working on the smart series based TA-2550ci. Has anyone had any experience doing so? I know its not supported officially but it has the same base connector on the board to fit into the TA Series. Could only assume its a Firmware based issue at this stage.

Venom
09-17-2013, 02:55 AM
Why would anyone install a wireless card when you can setup a wireless router in pass through mode for a fraction of the cost?

tcook
09-17-2013, 07:14 PM
We had experience with an older KM-2550 wireless card (IB-22), and it was a nightmare with dropped signals. Ended up doing what Venom referenced and set up a router. Never a problem again.

Jules Winfield
09-18-2013, 01:42 AM
Back in the old days (IB-22 era) when scanning was on a second NIC, you would still have to use a wireless ethernet bridge to get the scan function to work wirelessly even with the IB-22 installed for printing. And yeah, the bridge thingy is way cheaper and is easier to set up. I would just go that route instead of the IB-51 route...

Custom Search