PDA

View Full Version : C8000 Banding on all colors

Custom Search

Haroldbfix
09-19-2013, 03:57 AM
I got a call for banding today. When running test pattern 53 at 100 and printing out individual colors the bands show up. The bands are at the same distance from each other and are moving (pattern). All colors are banding. I tried a new Transfer unit and new 2nd transfer unit. I tried coronas, im out of drums so I could try them. The drums have 130k and so does the developer. The machine has 450k on it.
Its at a print shop and is eating my lunch (and i love my lunch)!. I re-ran the pecularity adjustments...gamma etc. I tried recalled standard data to reset all the process adjustments. The problem continues. After 4hrs I had to walk away and dive into this again tomorrow.
The bands also appear when printing solids as well.

I welcome all ideas.
Thx

Konicoz
09-19-2013, 11:39 AM
''The bands are at the same distance from each other and are moving (pattern).''
????can you attach sample???? if its the same on all colours it must be transfer or fuser, don't let that machine take your lunch man.

empiru
09-19-2013, 06:58 PM
Yeah, if you already tried a new Transfer Unit, then it might be the Fusing Unit...

Haroldbfix
09-24-2013, 12:52 PM
I got a call for banding today. When running test pattern 53 at 100 and printing out individual colors the bands show up. The bands are at the same distance from each other and are moving (pattern). All colors are banding. I tried a new Transfer unit and new 2nd transfer unit. I tried coronas, im out of drums so I could try them. The drums have 130k and so does the developer. The machine has 450k on it.
Its at a print shop and is eating my lunch (and i love my lunch)!. I re-ran the pecularity adjustments...gamma etc. I tried recalled standard data to reset all the process adjustments. The problem continues. After 4hrs I had to walk away and dive into this again tomorrow.
The bands also appear when printing solids as well.

I welcome all ideas.
Thx

Thanks all for the ideas. Yes the issue was in the fuser. The lower belt assembly was binding slightly it seemed ok but when compared to a new unit it wasn't.

Custom Search