PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Bizhub C353 + Finisher + SD505

Custom Search

groovy
09-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Hi all,
just refurbished a C353 with the optional finisher (SD) and the saddle sticher.
Yesterday we came to our customer, with the machine.
In my lab we have tested it with over 500 print jobs with no issue, except the finisher alignment (was out of alignment and 1 sheet over 60 gets jammed into the area between the exit roller and the finisher input).
The copier lasts 132k pages, so it is almost new.
Today i came again to my customer for the aligning issue (it was advised to not print so much without this alignment) and i found the fuser completely worn out.
The lower fuser roller is completely worn in the center area.
Now, before putting on a new fuser, i'm asking: there is anything i must know on the finisher and the machine installation that possibly cause this to happen?
Here i have all the setup/installation and service manual (Paul, thanks for your reply but i've got them already) but i cannot find anithing about this.
Any help?
Luigi - Digitalix

empiru
09-19-2013, 06:44 PM
Hi!

I don't have much experience with Bizhub C253/353 with finishers, but my instinct tells me, the finisher shouldn't have anything to do with the fusing unit and the problem that particular machine has. So if I were you I would replace that roller.

But don't take my word for it, maybe someone else has more experience with these machines...

groovy
09-19-2013, 06:47 PM
thank you. Still waiting for any ideas.

copier addict
09-20-2013, 01:58 AM
What do you mean when you say the fuser is "completely worn out"?
The finisher can not cause fuser damage. I have seen the edges of the lower roller fall apart. This will happen if you let the fuser go well past recommended yield.

Phrag
09-20-2013, 02:54 AM
What do you mean when you say the fuser is "completely worn out"?
The finisher can not cause fuser damage. I have seen the edges of the lower roller fall apart. This will happen if you let the fuser go well past recommended yield.

Just the edges? I've seen them completely disintegrate. Red rubbery crap everywhere.

groovy
09-20-2013, 08:40 AM
Just the edges? I've seen them completely disintegrate. Red rubbery crap everywhere.
Exactly what is happaned to me.

Phrag
09-23-2013, 03:25 AM
Exactly what is happaned to me.

Like copier addict said, the finisher can't cause fuser disintegration. Either it's gone past it's recommended yield, or it was bad straight from the factory. Either way, you just need to replace it. And good luck to getting all those little bits of red rubber out of the machine =P

Custom Search