PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 601 copies then just keeps running.

Custom Search

brent
09-19-2013, 07:38 PM
thats the best I can describe. it is running for a couple minutes. then it jams in the sync section. am I looking at just a clutch? weird that it doesnt' imediately time out. finisher is running machine as well
any thoughts?

it did show jams in tray one. justreplaced all the feed tires and clutches as well
thanks

brent

brent
09-19-2013, 08:51 PM
its a strange problem. so I just went and replaced sync cl and still the same.
it is a tray one problem. paper feed tray 2 is just fine. so I am going to rebuild tray one
and go from there. it has new feed tires and a feed clutch. I must have missed something

brent

SmellsHot
09-19-2013, 10:02 PM
So is it just running, but no copies come out and then eventually it registers a jam?

ivovb
09-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Get latest FW and check sensors on the paper path. Is it the same problem using any of the paper sources (try manual bypass) and paper formats?

BR

fixthecopier
09-20-2013, 11:09 AM
I had an ongoing problem on a 600 that would give false 201 codes. Swapped everything, reloaded firmware and changed wire harness for all the trays. Brought machine in and then district rep shows up and says "If you would have used THIS firmware, that I didn't tell you about, it would have been fixed" He was an ass.

But on your problem, I would think firmware and then control board.

brent
09-20-2013, 02:19 PM
[i It is working perfectly out of tray two. That makes me think tray one is the culprit

=fixthecopier;379546]I had an ongoing problem on a 600 that would give false 201 codes. Swapped everything, reloaded firmware and changed wire harness for all the trays. Brought machine in and then district rep shows up and says "If you would have used THIS firmware, that I didn't tell you about, it would have been fixed" He was an ass.

But on your problem, I would think firmware and then control board.[/QUOTE]

fixthecopier
09-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Seems like it thinks there will be another sheet coming. I would swap feed assembly between tray 1 and 2, then behind the conveyance tray above tray 2 are 2 photocells, check and or change them.

copier addict
09-20-2013, 08:05 PM
It may help if we had the relevant jam code or codes associated with the problem.

brent
09-22-2013, 04:31 AM
I did swap them fix. But I used a lower feed assy. I got it working for the day. Going to hit it again on monday

methogod
09-22-2013, 09:42 AM
this happens with the 920 series sometimes... never been able to fix it with firmware.... but on the 920 its just run's until a time out occurs then usually a registration jam code or sc code...

forget the codes...

I know its usually out of the LCT and the fix has to do with exit senors to the finisher or the entry sensory from the lct to the main body.

BEST BET to remove finisher and see if you can still duplicate it...
i know that if you run face down and it happens, try running face up....
if you can make it go away, you can isolate where this is happening...

also whats the meter? all supplies current?

pepper38_cnd
09-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Try changing the toner control board.

brent
09-22-2013, 03:55 PM
I do not recall the jam code. I am pretty sure it was triggering a jam code from drawer one. The confusing part is tray 2 is absolutely fine. So before I do any firmware or removing finisher I am going to work in tray one feed. It already has new clutch and swapped a feed unit It's logical. And I only happened upon it when trying tray 2. Tray one is a no go. But it is confusing it is exactly the same way. Stuck in the sync section. I will advise when I fix it tomorrow
brent

copier addict
09-22-2013, 04:21 PM
I do not recall the jam code. I am pretty sure it was triggering a jam code from drawer one. The confusing part is tray 2 is absolutely fine. So before I do any firmware or removing finisher I am going to work in tray one feed. It already has new clutch and swapped a feed unit It's logical. And I only happened upon it when trying tray 2. Tray one is a no go. But it is confusing it is exactly the same way. Stuck in the sync section. I will advise when I fix it tomorrow
brent

The only section that tray one uses and tray two doesn't use is the little transport section above tray two. That is why the jam code is important. There are sensors and clutches that run this section. So any of the tray one jam codes can actually point towards the "horizontal conveyance section".
Hope this helps.

fixthecopier
09-23-2013, 12:05 PM
Those 2 photocells I mentioned behind the conveyance tray will make the machine do strange things if they are bad or out of place. I had a case where the machine would just accept jobs and not print because the photocell was bad and the machine thought the tray was not seated, but would not tell me that, just like a bad or dirty TCB. Also, the drive train for tray 1 is kind of separate from the others til it gets to the right side door. I think I have had to change those clutches for that conveyance tray before, so you may want to take a pair with you. Have to remove right side cover and horizontal transport, then it is easy to get to.

Your problem sounds familiar, but I was remembering a stuck actuator on the exit of finisher, and it would do it from all trays.

brent
09-26-2013, 11:32 PM
the code is 1101 and 1102 tray 1 jam. I replaced the feeding section out of a working machine.
both clutches in that feed tray 1 it still jams and stops the copy in the sync section
paper is not stuck in the little transport that sits over tray 2

so it is certainly tray 1. I may take a whole tray and replace and see if that fixes it. everything I have done thus far is not working. unless I am missing something

brent

pepper38_cnd
09-27-2013, 12:21 AM
My previous post sugesting you replace the TCB was considering your problem was running on for several minutes finally resulting in a random jam or error code. If you are infact just getting the same jam code over and over from only one or two trays try checking the sensor on the end of the bypass/manual feed tray PS36 it can give some strange problems even though the jam code does not point to it. pull the shaft out of the actuator and clean it and the actuator well and reasemble.

brent
09-27-2013, 12:35 AM
That's what tomorrow is going to bring. Tired of this. But when I get it I will know. Because it jams exactly the same place every time. It is a timing thing. I appreciate the help

mikez
09-27-2013, 06:03 AM
Try exit switch sensor. I believe P/N is 9335–1300-61

MOJO
11-20-2015, 10:33 PM
did anyone find the resolution to this issue?? having the same issue on a 601.:mad:

Custom Search