PDA

View Full Version : C452 with jam code 9901 tray 3

Custom Search

wseyller
09-20-2013, 08:35 PM
MFP is jamming constantly with 9901 jam. Only happens with tray 3. At times paper complete a print but rare. Did a full cleaning to copier. Cleaned all feed rollers and cleaning every sensor I could find in tray. Paper does not get damaged. In copy mode the first page usually ends up just below registration in about same place. When testing in service mode during sensor test screen the first page always stop in vertical transport rollers just as it is making the turn.

Update firmware to latest G00-D1

Created KMBS ticket

Check sensor near LC2 confirmed in sensor test.

Had me reseat all connectors on PRCB and paper feed transport driver board (PFTDB).

Suggest I order the PFTDB

I am always skeptical of boards. Anyone have any ideas.

Mr Spock
09-21-2013, 03:06 AM
if tray 3 is the larger paper tray on lower left then see if it has the newer paper feed unit. If so then check the clutches and the actuator on the exit side of the machine. Also check the service mode and make sure the paper is set correctly there (a4 or 81/2 x 11). 9901 is suppose to be a paper size mismatch. I would not rule out the pwb as it still could be that.

wseyller
09-21-2013, 03:14 AM
I can confirm the setting is correct in service mode LCC paper size. I don't know the difference between old and new feed units as I didn't know it was changed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

EarthKmTech
09-22-2013, 10:35 PM
change the clutch that drives the rollers in the pull out paper transport unit above tray 4. Its at the back of the machine and accessible from the front.

Also make sure the 2 rollers can easily turn if they are binding up you will burn out the new clutch again and or have the same problem.

wseyller
09-23-2013, 12:10 AM
change the clutch that drives the rollers in the pull out paper transport unit above tray 4. Its at the back of the machine and accessible from the front.

Also make sure the 2 rollers can easily turn if they are binding up you will burn out the new clutch again and or have the same problem.

Is this the clutch your referring to? Hopefully it is easy to get to without pulling the LCC drive out. I will try this first.

Avskrap
09-23-2013, 07:52 AM
I had this but on a C550, no jam code displayed though. Had a KM 3rd line guy with me on two visits, we swapped everything in the machine. Boards, ribbon cables, rollers, gears, motors... But it was the clutch that drives the vertical transport.
Since the design is pretty much the same on the C452, I'd swap the clutch.

EarthKmTech
09-23-2013, 12:57 PM
you dont need to pull the back of the machine off at all, you can change it from the front.

remove the side cover to gain access, I'm a big fat slob and i can get in there and do it. If I can fit in there, anyone can.

wseyller
09-23-2013, 01:30 PM
you dont need to pull the back of the machine off at all, you can change it from the front.

remove the side cover to gain access, I'm a big fat slob and i can get in there and do it. If I can fit in there, anyone can.

Sounds good thanks

wseyller
10-02-2013, 12:36 AM
Issue fixed. There was paper wrapped around the end of where the transport roller is driven.

EarthKmTech
10-02-2013, 09:30 AM
lol. yep, that'll do it too.

Custom Search