PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C353 with background and reverse text colour

Custom Search

Methmann
09-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Hi m8īs

I have a strange problem with a C353.

It makes background with all the colours, for example, if the customer prints a page with white background and black text. The printed page comes with brown-grey background and white-red flickering text. It happens with both print and copy.
I recommended the customer to turn off the machine and remove it from power outlet, and reinsert and power up after 1minute. First try, the display wont show anything and the start button was orange. Then he turned off and on again, this time, the machine started and showed ready to copy, but he couldnt do anything, it did not react when he pushed the buttons, it has freezed. He powered off and on again for a third time, and this time, it did started up normally, but it still makes background and it is not easy to see what he is printing, its so flickered.

Do any of you have an idea of what to do?

Here is an example, the background is more brown in reality:
http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y425/Methmann86/S45C-213092315020_zps84cacde6.jpg
Thanks in advance :)

Methmann
09-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Forgot to mention, the background is all over the page and with high density

trc
09-24-2013, 01:38 PM
Seems to be laser unit....could be black one

empiru
09-24-2013, 07:42 PM
I would vote for an electrical problem. I think a High Voltage Unit could be broken...

EarthKmTech
09-24-2013, 11:54 PM
if its all the way off the edge of the page i would second the HV board has failed (not uncommon on this series)

if its within the printable area of the page, ie, you still have white borders and combined with the locking up i would suggest the RAM is failing or the MFP board, in that order.

Methmann
09-26-2013, 02:35 PM
Thank you so much for your suggestions. :-)

I was at the customer yesterday, and when i was there, it wont boot up at all, it freezed at the konica minolta logo. I tried to replace the ram modules, removed the video interface, removed the nvram, checked the connections from the mfp board to the image board, but with no luck.

I had another machine in my car, so i replaced the machine, and took their machine with me home to the workshop. And when i got better time, i will try to replace the hvps board and mfp board.

It have white boarders around.

wseyller
09-28-2013, 04:05 AM
Thank you so much for your suggestions. :-)

I was at the customer yesterday, and when i was there, it wont boot up at all, it freezed at the konica minolta logo. I tried to replace the ram modules, removed the video interface, removed the nvram, checked the connections from the mfp board to the image board, but with no luck.

I had another machine in my car, so i replaced the machine, and took their machine with me home to the workshop. And when i got better time, i will try to replace the hvps board and mfp board.

It have white boarders around.

Lol you just keep a entire copier as a spare in your car! I hope your car is more like a box truck.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

stefanv
09-30-2013, 05:27 PM
Had the same problem twice before....Failed MFP

Methmann
10-01-2013, 08:27 AM
Lol you just keep a entire copier as a spare in your car! I hope your car is more like a box truck.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hehe yes, because it was a long way to drive to the customer, so just for safety, if everything went wrong. Do not normally drive around with a spare machine ;)
Driving in a small van, it have room for 2 machines at the same time :)

Methmann
10-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Had the same problem twice before....Failed MFP

Okay, it will be interesting to try to replace the MFP board, and see if both the boot and image quality problem disappers :)

Custom Search