PDA

View Full Version : Counter reset???

Custom Search

Dinos
02-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Is there any body knows how to reset the main counter of a Konica 7272 ???

JustManuals
02-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Just curious, why would you want to reset the main counter?

Dinos
02-26-2008, 04:31 PM
1.Turn the Sub Power and Main Power switches OFF.
2.Open the Front Door and pull out all paper trays, remove paper and push the paper trays back in. (THE FRONT DOORS MUST REMAIN OPEN DURING
THE PROCEDURE.)
3.Turn the Main Power and Sub Power switches ON.
4.Press the [P] key for the counter display screen.
5.Enter the appropriate engine password (894209) for counter reset.
6.Press the [Proof Copy] key twice.
7.Select the counter to rewrite [Total count], [Copier count], [Printer count], [Scanner count] and enter the desired value with the numeric keypads.
8.Press the [START] key.The selected counter isrewritten.
Note:The Total Counter Start Date cannot be changed.
9.Press the [STOP] key.
10.Turn the power switch OFF/ON to store the data.
How can I select the countrer that i want to rewrite??? (step 7)

MinoltaTech
02-26-2008, 04:36 PM
i havent attemped this myself so i dont know off hand, sorry.

Dinos
02-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Just curious, why would you want to reset the main counter?
I buy, repair and sell used Konica copiers.

Luther
02-26-2008, 05:22 PM
I guess in Greece it is not illegal to turn meters back on copiers? Must be the same for cars,and to post that info in an open forum is not a good idea

JustManuals
02-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Luther- There will always be some 'hero' to come along and post the information thinking he's doing the world a favor.
So this guy in Greece is selling used copiers as new because some guy in the US decided to be a 'hero' (replace hero with other terms of your choice)

Copier_Guy
02-27-2008, 12:05 AM
Luther- There will always be some 'hero' to come along and post the information thinking he's doing the world a favor.
So this guy in Greece is selling used copiers as new because some guy in the US decided to be a 'hero' (replace hero with other terms of your choice)

Cadillac Man??

Or maybe, Semi-Used Cadillac Man!!

Dinos
02-27-2008, 06:16 AM
I sell used copiers us used copiers, but some customers need to know that their machine has a low meter. This is all about.

wagon
02-27-2008, 08:58 AM
A place I used to work at would reset the meters on REFURBISHED machines and modify the serial number (put an 'R' next to it). Makes the paperwork easy... Mind you, another joint used to zero meters on demo boxes and sell them as new... shifty...

Copier_Guy
02-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Yessiree Bob!!

That is very unethical and I believe, illegal here in the states Cadillac Man! :)

sebama
03-25-2008, 03:28 PM
Hi my name is sergio, my English is very basic.

The code change for the meter of konica 7272, I did not work for me, I have the latest version of firmware. What is my problem ?????

Thanks.

wagon
03-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Only for Techs, remember safety always comes first
Remove the power cord.
Open the machine and solder a 3300uF coil together with a paper clip to the two 220v wires ATENTION blue and black remove the yellow green wire from the ground, close the machine, turn on the main switch, put on high voltage glaves, (available in any electrical store) and now connect the power cable to the wall outlet, thats all, meter reset forever.

*******Moderator please remove the above post*********

Please DO NOT do what is described. IT COULD KILL.

iMind
03-26-2008, 12:51 AM
*******Moderator please remove the above post*********

Please DO NOT do what is described. IT COULD KILL.It was just a joke, even a greek can understand that, don´t you want to bye a zero K copier from him, new out of the box

Zorikos69
05-21-2009, 10:36 AM
dinos i suppose you cannot ask for that kind of help as there are some legal issues reffering to counter resetting...you could try pm...

langelot
05-21-2009, 12:54 PM
As long as the customer knows he/she is getting a used or refurbished copier. I see nothing wrong with it. It is not illegal in the US or anywhere else I checked. What might be illegal is misrepresentation of what one is selling. I've personally rebuilt copiers from the ground up the way they should be done (including a 1050 that was 19,650,000) - the thing was better than new when finished. By the way, the hardware meter on that machine only look like 9 million because it did not have an extra digit to go into the eighth figure - those dishonest Japanese engineers! - they probably planned that one!

Come one guys, big difference between say, a car beign driven at 60mph with bad brakes and no working airbag and your Konica 2223 still chugging along.

Just my take.

Custom Search