PDA

View Full Version : Full bleed magenta

Custom Search

Phrag
09-24-2013, 01:20 AM
Hi everyone,

I've got a bit of an unusual problem on a C550.

See the attached files.

You might see on the one that appears blank, two faint lines (they are actually magenta). This was a print. It's the only occurrence so far besides a cyan version (of both examples) 6 weeks ago.

My understanding is that somehow the magenta laser had been triggered to fire all the time. I don't know if the band down the leading edge tells anyone anything, but I just figured that was a separate issue.

However, because of how rare this issue has appeared, I can't take any course of action lest I start ordering boards and laser units.

All CMY image units are at 50%. Transfer belt is at roughly the same.

Has anyone else had this issue that's only really appeared once and never again (so far)?

Phrag
09-24-2013, 06:20 AM
What I think I will do is when this issue is brought back up again, I'll check and clean connectors on the I/U and HV board before I replace anything.

occus
09-24-2013, 09:18 AM
I had a full solid magenta print issue on a c450, bad PH Unit... after replace the machine works well.

empiru
09-24-2013, 07:40 PM
Should you try a firmware update?

Phrag
09-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Should you try a firmware update?

A firmware update? That's worked for you?

EarthKmTech
09-25-2013, 12:07 AM
this problem happens when the imaging unit in question is not latched in properly and hv contact is partially disconnected.

sometimes customers knock off the latch when changing waste toner boxes etc, if left unresolved it ends up destroying the imaging unit.

if the latches and HV contacts all check out ok then the only other thing i would suggest is the HV1 board (the painful to change one behind the main powersupply)

Phrag
09-25-2013, 12:16 AM
this problem happens when the imaging unit in question is not latched in properly and hv contact is partially disconnected.

sometimes customers knock off the latch when changing waste toner boxes etc, if left unresolved it ends up destroying the imaging unit.

if the latches and HV contacts all check out ok then the only other thing i would suggest is the HV1 board (the painful to change one behind the main powersupply)

That's pretty much the same answer I got back from KM too. Perhaps next time I'm out their way I'll drop in. Cheers guys.

Iowatech
09-25-2013, 02:39 AM
Off the wall question, what application was that first PDF from?
For the life of me that one kind of looks like a PDF print where someone didn't select the proper options from the print dialog, and the lines are actually the edge of the source document. That works whether the document was scanned in or created on a computer.

Phrag
09-25-2013, 04:54 AM
Off the wall question, what application was that first PDF from?
For the life of me that one kind of looks like a PDF print where someone didn't select the proper options from the print dialog, and the lines are actually the edge of the source document. That works whether the document was scanned in or created on a computer.

I'm not entirely sure what program or file type the original document was at all. I just scanned it to myself to upload here as .pdf.

stefanv
09-25-2013, 05:52 AM
Had the same problem changed basically everything...Ended up being the Print head "laser unit"

nvram
09-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Hi, this is usually a poor connection with the ribbon cables of the print head relay board, try re-seating them.

Custom Search