PDA

View Full Version : Scan to SMB/Local HDD drive in BZ 423

Custom Search

mhmsaqer
09-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Hi every body,

I've sold an KM 423 to a client who use it mainly as a scanner, he is familiar with scan to SMB local folder in Toshiba e-studio series,
We've configured SMB scanning to external network folder, but the client wants scanning to go directly to a HDD local folder that should
be accessed by everybody.

My question is , is this scenario possible in the 423 series ?
Thanks to advise

BR
Mohammed

emujo
09-24-2013, 04:46 PM
Not exactly, there is no "shared" partition like the Toshiba equipment, this is a big security hole and KM has not incorporated it in there MFPs. However, you can utilize scan to public user boxes, and anyone with intranet access can have access to these boxes. There are also some more advanced utilities that work with the user boxes, can't remember what they were called at this point. If anyone can help....Emujo

Mr Spock
09-24-2013, 11:58 PM
like emujo said it can not be done on the machine. You can scan to any hdd on the network and you can give all the users access as a short cut on desktop. Then they will not know the difference.

SlipperyCat
09-25-2013, 05:16 PM
Yep, just create an SMB registry under the address book which points to a common drive on a server, or PC and hold their hand by placing a shortcut on their desktops. You can have individual folders as SMB registry paths or one central location and have them move it where they want.

To register an SMB you'll need:

IP or Host Name of PC (host name sometimes is hard to make work)
Path would be shared folder name (make sure your permissions are everyone group)

Sometimes firewalls or anti-virus software blocks these so be aware of that. Scan to SMB can be easy, or a pain in the rear, depending on their network and security settings. Between scan to email and scan to folder issues, this is what keeps me employed. lol

Custom Search