PDA

View Full Version : C364e issue 2 sided adf. Has dual scanner. CFD60

Custom Search

wseyller
09-24-2013, 02:32 PM
Copier has 8300 pages. Firmware G00-63 latest.

single side selection is no problem

2 sided the document will scan the and it will just hang up. the job shows as queued and will not go any further. When I delete the job the copier will after a minute will come up with a CFD60.

All I can find of this code is in service manual which shows:
ASIC third sheet DMA00 time out

components:
MFP Board
DSC board 1 & 2
EFI relay board
Dual Scan image processing board

Tried reseating the dual scan board and cables.

Albonline
09-24-2013, 04:53 PM
dipswitches set?

wseyller
09-24-2013, 06:04 PM
dipswitches set?

you mean on the dual scan card? there are no dipswitches to change on thsis board.

I created support ticket with KMBS

Had me reseat memory. Then I backed up the copier with data admin. Reformat the hdd. reinstall movie data. still no good. I then stored copier settings.

KMBS then tells me to change the hdd so I will have to order one. Though I feel skeptical. He says this error code is relate to memory or hdd.

EarthKmTech
09-24-2013, 11:37 PM
if its relating specifically to the dual scan functionality - I have had a number of machines with faulty data cables from the CIS to the DSCB. (black moulded fitting displayport cable)

The usual malfunction is is that it wont illuminate when it goes to do the gain adjustment etc, but its feasible that your malfunction could also be with the cable, in that its waiting endlessly for some signal thats not getting through the cable due to breakage.

It breaks due to cable strain internally at the stripped and clamped down section next to the CIS.

Try the cable, the first time i had it i practically replaced every part of the machine without improvement, the customer was banging fists on the table demanding a new machine and then it came to me in my sleep at 2am in the morning and i was correct.

wseyller
09-25-2013, 12:05 AM
Also if the hard drive is bad wouldnt the same issue happen with single side scanning.

I was thinking the dual scan board. Of course the cable I could see as the issue or even the mfp board because the scan board has to send the data through the mfp board to get to the hard drive. Thanks for the tip EarthKmTech since maybe there is an epidemic with the cable. What a pile of crap this series has been.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mo0651
09-26-2013, 02:17 PM
Did you check and make sure the correct ADF is set up (chosen on install) or did not trouble isolate itself?

wseyller
09-26-2013, 03:16 PM
Did you check and make sure the correct ADF is set up (chosen on install) or did not trouble isolate itself?

no I checked that. It is set correct. no isolation set.

EarthKmTech
09-27-2013, 12:56 AM
Also if the hard drive is bad wouldnt the same issue happen with single side scanning.

I was thinking the dual scan board. Of course the cable I could see as the issue or even the mfp board because the scan board has to send the data through the mfp board to get to the hard drive. Thanks for the tip EarthKmTech since maybe there is an epidemic with the cable. What a pile of crap this series has been.

So you also get customers asking you "can we have our old machine back?" In reference to the c360 series, which in my opinion was brilliant other than a few crap flaws which could of been ironed out.

wseyller
09-27-2013, 01:21 AM
So you also get customers asking you "can we have our old machine back?" In reference to the c360 series, which in my opinion was brilliant other than a few crap flaws which could of been ironed out.

Big surprise the new hdd made no difference. Kmbs then asks me to change the dual scan card. I also decided to ordered the cable.

Phrag
09-27-2013, 02:45 AM
I may be a long way off here, but is the correct ADF model selected in service mode?

wseyller
09-27-2013, 03:13 AM
I may be a long way off here, but is the correct ADF model selected in service mode?

Yes. Someone already asked that.

Phrag
09-27-2013, 04:09 AM
Yes. Someone already asked that.

Oops. Apologies. Must have missed it.

EarthKmTech
09-27-2013, 06:28 AM
There is a flat cable from the ds board to the mfp board too, though I've never had a problem with it, its worth visually inspecting at that time.

CompyTech
09-27-2013, 02:55 PM
There's a bulletin out on that DISB cable too..

I'm having a problem with a new setup, the ADF doesn't even work. Didn't know about the ADF setting in service mode. Just found it.. haha

wseyller
09-27-2013, 10:28 PM
DS board and adf cable no help. MFP board is next on order. :banghead:

EarthKmTech
09-28-2013, 02:37 AM
Please let us know what the eventual fix is, I'm sure you will get to the bottom of it.

methogod
09-30-2013, 09:05 AM
way be way off, but has a C552DS or something in that series, from day one the dual scanner never worked right. But we get used machines so it was installed where they "didn't care" or pay for this feature. Next trained them on it, or explaind it

There IT told them they can scan with out duplexing and started calling asking why it was not working.

Went the long route of explaining its a feature that has the be activated, told them its a $1999 feature and if they want it, we have to charge them for it. That shut it down pretty fast.

We did try fixing it. I know that the boards are slightly different in these models, make sure you have the right ADF board that is saposed to pair with the DS board. I think it's a revision thing, we found this out when replacing a board in another C552 that didn't have Dual Scanning, a company that repairs boards asked if it was a DS model as its not the same board. DS models usualy are released later one then standard models.

Any way long story short, they had another issue on the DS machine, causing us to reload firmware, and for whatever reason by downgrading firmware the DS board started working. So we offered to discount the feature for only $499...

I would try to load a lower version when you replace the MPF, as so few DS machines are out there all the patches are for the masses.....

good luck...

jjohnston12385
10-02-2013, 07:24 PM
I know this was already posted, but when I was doing set-ups in shop, I noticed that in the manual it stated to put that flat ribbon cable a certain way. Well on the "e" series if you put it that way, you would get a code, but on the regular xx4-series it was fine. It's worth double-checking to make sure it's plugged in the right way. Also, that little black latch that holds the cable in... I've seen those break off too. Had a machine or two that were brand new with broken latches.

wseyller
10-05-2013, 02:10 PM
We had a hard time finding an MFP board. At first we were told that there wasn't one available in the entire US right now. After the manager spent two days calling a dozen people we finally got one sent out.

Test to make sure issue is still present and it is. I carefully replace the MFP board. I read the latest bulletin 8461 for the procedure. After replacement it says to turn on machine. The scanner lights up and is now banging up against the left side of the copier. I turn it off and call KMBS. He thinks it is a defective board but has me try the procedure. Had me put my firmware usb stick in the service port and turn the machine on. Now the scanner is off and not moving as it powers up to the firmware screen. Went through the process of the machine type select and after rebooting I get an error: Invalid external memory. Please make sure the external memory. KMBS support says the board is bad.

So now I'm thinking my customer is going to flip out. I put the old mfp board in and now this 2-sided scanning issue has disappeared. As a precautionary my service manager wants me to replace the board anyway when we get one in.

Also there has been one other ongoing issue when printing. With some people it will print black around the text and lines all over the page. Many people are in and out with their laptops. All drivers I believe are the latest postscript installed locally on each PCs and Macs. I've heard it happens with pdfs when printed from attachment or even after they save it to the desktop. Also I heard it happens from certain webpages in certain browsers. Either way it is happening with several people at this one branch. There are 4 or 5 other branches that had a C364e installed in the same week and has same drivers installed locally and haven't heard of this issue from them or any other that we have ever installed. I have not yet been able to duplicate this after fixing the 2-sided issue as they were not many people on-site. We are going to monitor it while I wait on a new mfp board. Attached is a sample of the issue. I have blacked out some areas with sensitive information.

EarthKmTech
10-06-2013, 12:21 AM
I know for a fact there are still bugs with PS printing to the standard controller since the release of the 4 series in general. Not in the manner in which you've demonstrated but PS errors etc.

Certainly seems like you've got some crappy soldering on that mfp board of yours. Probably just the act of removing and reinstalling has temporarily fixed it.

Custom Search