PDA

View Full Version : konica c253 scan issue

Custom Search

DOE
09-25-2013, 05:34 PM
here is description of what’s happening at the Lancaster office. We are trying to setup Scan to Email on that Bizhub printer to use our email system at Applications2u. I have set up the other 2 offices (Grove City and Dublin) without any issue with the change. The settings I have changed are under Networks > Email (SMTP) and the changes I am making are to SMTP Server Address: email.applications2u.com and Port Number: 25. These settings work at the other 2 offices and I have tried changing the port to use 587 as well without success. thanks for any advice

nvram
09-25-2013, 06:57 PM
Hi have you inputted the DNS server settings, you could try inputting the smtp ip rather than host, just incase your DNS server is not resolving.

emujo
09-25-2013, 08:04 PM
The copier logs each job in the history. Look in here and get the reason for the failure, it will be server connect, or login failure (most common). Web based mail can be problematic but since you say 2 other MFPs are working fine my guess is it's a network issue on your side. Firewall block, gateway can't reach the outside world, or something like that. Can you plug your laptop into the network and get access to this mail provider? Is this a domain and does the copier have rights to network access...just a couple of ideas. Emujo

occus
09-26-2013, 10:39 AM
I remember on a tech notice... you have to check the machine date/time. Differences over 2 hours with the mailserver can make problems.

But mostly the DNS is the problem.

Custom Search