PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous i-Option LK-105 on a KM C552

Custom Search

Brischaffer
09-30-2013, 02:22 PM
I just got a C552 in that has a message stating "OCR dictionary not found". I know that to use OCR you need Lk-105 & UK-203 options. I see the UK-203 memory in the machine but I've never seen a LK-105 so I don't know what to look for. Is it a board? Also I downloaded the movie data because it was asking for that too and I thought that included the OCR data that I need. I read in the manual that its a ".tar" file but I can't find anything on the KM One-Stop Product Support. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Brian

907tec
09-30-2013, 06:50 PM
OCR data is at the very bottom of the page when looking at the BH C552 firmware list on the one-stop site. The file name is Dictionary_Data_000. I've never encountered a machine with an LK-kit yet, either, but I get the impression that it is just a software key/code (not any physical part to be installed).

Kidaver
09-30-2013, 08:46 PM
LK are just keys that are generated that you enter into the machine via op panel or PS page to unlock functions...you don't physically add anything other than the UK-203 that is required for these other functions to run...

B0265
10-01-2013, 12:28 PM
The OCR Dictionary must be re-installed on the HDD in the machine otherwise the scan to searchable pdf function of the LK-105 won't work.

Brischaffer
10-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Thank you for all your responses. The more I read the more I thought it was a software thing. Is there a way to shut it off so the message will go away? I won't be needing it on this machine.

Thanks

Brian

Avskrap
10-01-2013, 01:39 PM
To uninstall the LK-105 you have to go to Infohub, get a deactivation license and enter it into the machine. This is detailed in the service manual, but that's the rough explanation.

Brischaffer
10-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Thank you very much. I'll try it when I get back into the office.

emujo
10-02-2013, 02:00 PM
It sounds to me like you have the LK installed, and someone performed an HDD format. With this action you will lose Movie, OCR Dictionary data, and a few other items. The MFP shouldn't be looking for the OCR data unless you have the LK installed, you can verify this is service mode and/or admin mode under "Installed Licenses". If the license is there, simply add the OCR and movie data files. If no license was installed, then I would suspect you had a main board change, or someone added the extra memory when not needed. Emujo

Brischaffer
10-03-2013, 12:38 AM
Where do I find the OCR file. I see the Movie Data file but I don't see the OCR file. Is it combined with the movie data file or is it seperate?

emujo
10-03-2013, 04:32 PM
It's at the bottom of the special firmware list. Called dictionary OCR data. Emujo

Brischaffer
10-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Great!!! Thank you for the help!!!

mihailelea
02-08-2018, 02:38 PM
Hi,
I have the same problem with a Bizhub C364.
It keeps displaying the message: "OCR Dictionary not found. Contact your Service Representative"
Do you know were I can get the .tar file from?
I have the one with the movie data, but not the OCR Dictionary

Thank you!

Brischaffer
02-08-2018, 02:53 PM
Hi,
I have the same problem with a Bizhub C364.
It keeps displaying the message: "OCR Dictionary not found. Contact your Service Representative"
Do you know were I can get the .tar file from?
I have the one with the movie data, but not the OCR Dictionary

Thank you!

You should be able to get it on the KM site under Firmware.

mihailelea
02-08-2018, 03:00 PM
I turned the KM site upside down and I can't find it. Maybe I'm just dumb.
If you know where it is please send me a link.
Thank you!

Brischaffer
02-08-2018, 03:30 PM
I turned the KM site upside down and I can't find it. Maybe I'm just dumb.
If you know where it is please send me a link.
Thank you!

In the One Stop Product Store on the KM site under services. You have to have an account though.

mihailelea
02-08-2018, 05:12 PM
I apologize if I'm out of line, but I have to ask:
Is the site: MyKMBS (https://www.mykmbs.com/mykmbs/login.jspx)
And if yes, how can I get an account?
I'm gonna need firmware and software like this in the future, and I want to do it right, but I can't find anything on the web. If you could just point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.
I'm new in the Konica Minolta business and I feel like I'm hitting a brick wall. I'm not a genuine tech guy, but I know some things about printers, copiers and computers, but I'm just starting with Konica Minolta.
I am reseller of second hand printers from Romania
Also, I'll be happy to contribute to copytechnet.com with what I can and what I know.

Just be more specific if you can, or send me a link to the site were I need to create the account.

Again, I apologize for my stupidity and I apologize if I overstepped some boundaries.

copyman
02-08-2018, 06:12 PM
you need to be an authorized kon/min dealer to get an account.
I will see if I send it to you.

mihailelea
02-08-2018, 06:27 PM
Thank you very much!
I'll try to get in touch with Konica Minolta in Romania to see what I can do about the account.
Also, I'll try to do my best to help other copytechnet.com users with what I can.

Custom Search