PDA

View Full Version : imagistcs 3511 (sharp AR M350)

Custom Search

dqydj
02-16-2006, 12:51 AM
We picked up a used 3511 with 31K copies.
the copy quality is really unstable. It\'s kind of hard to describe
the cq but it\'s washed out on rear side of the machine consistantly.
Now sometimes the rest of the copy looks good, sometimes
the front side washes out as well and othertimes the center
washes out and the front and rear fade out completely.
It does this when you copy or print and the image is faded
on the drum as well, so that eliminates scanner and transfer.
i have another 3511 in the shop so I\'ve been swappimg parts.
here is what has been replaced:
developer unit, process unit, laser, HV power supply, main pcb,
controller pcb, mother board.
any ideas? Tech support sure didn\'t have any.
Any help would be appreciated.

Jerry
03-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Hey copier buddy, did you ever get this problem fixed? I also work on Imagistics and have two copiers just now doing this. Have the HV on order, but sounds like it may not fix problem reading your post. I just joined this board and don\'t see a way to contact you. If you re-read this please e-mail me. Jerry@rosenet.net
Thanks buddy.

FLCOPIERTECH
03-17-2006, 06:14 PM
As long as you\'ve replace the suspect modules with KNOWN GOOD ones you might want to double check that there are no loose grounding connectors.

One in mind is on the right side (below center exit tray). It grounds the power supply board to the frame. Had to remove the cover a couple of times because a tech didn\'t put it back. Caused washed out prints.

Good Luck

Post edited by: FLCOPIERTECH, at: 2006/03/17 10:39

choicecopyguy
03-17-2006, 10:23 PM
I have had problems with the side door on arm-350s, you might want to check this out.

Jerry
03-18-2006, 05:57 AM
Thanks guys. Installed new laser today and problem was gone! We have seen washed out copies from the ground you are talking about and found it, that was fun! lol. Also have seen the transfer door problem. It must of been a voltage drop @the diode. There was no dust at all inside the unit. Glad this one is over! ha. Thank you for your reply.
Jerry

Jerry
03-18-2006, 06:02 AM
Thanks guys. Installed new laser today and problem was gone! We have seen washed out copies from the ground you are talking about and found it, that was fun! lol. Also have seen the transfer door problem. It must of been a voltage drop @the diode. There was no dust at all inside the unit. Glad this one is over! ha. Thank you for your reply.
Jerry

Custom Search