PDA

View Full Version : Twain Setup User Box

Custom Search

NB OFFICE
02-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Hello I am trying to set up the TWAIN part of this machine so I can use it with a program we just got. My problem is this: I can not get the "USER BOX" function to show up anywhere, it seems like I may have to have an Optional hard drive? It is connected to a computer.... I would appreciate some help :)
I have downloaded and saved to jumpdrive the TWAIN file from the konica website... and it seems like my next step it to scan to a 'user box' however I can't figure how to set this up in Pagescope...
Thanks in advance!
Nannette

rasman67
02-28-2008, 01:52 AM
If the copier is a Di2010- 3510 yes you do need a hard drive in order to make it work.

NB OFFICE
02-28-2008, 03:15 AM
We have a Bizhub 250.
If a HDD is required, could someone give me a location as to where I could find this HDD? I don't really have a visual or idea of what this HDD is. I understand it is storage/memory for the printer, however does it hook to a jack on the Bizhub or does it need to be installed by a technician?
Of course I am looking for the cheapest route...We have an external hard drive, could I just plug this in somewhere?

rasman67
02-28-2008, 03:38 AM
if you remove the rear cover you should see the hard drive off to the right of the main board cover. you can also try to get into tech rep mode and turn the hard drive to set and if no codes come up then you should be fine.

NB OFFICE
02-28-2008, 01:22 PM
So you are saying there should already be a harddrive in there? In the silver panel in back of the BizHub? Looks like alot os screws to get that panel off.
THe HD I spoke of above is an external that hooks to a computer.
Thanks for your replies!

NB OFFICE
02-28-2008, 01:24 PM
So you are saying there should already be a harddrive in there? In the silver panel in back of the BizHub? Looks like alot os screws to get that panel off.
Thanks for your replies!
You said that "you can also try to get into tech rep mode and turn the hard drive to set and if no codes come up then you should be fine." Do you know how to get into tech mode, within the user menus? I know the password ...

Scott_Lewis
02-29-2008, 04:41 AM
Thanks for your replies!

The HDD is mounted underneath the scanner bed. You could take off the grey plastic cover (3 screws) at the top rear of the machine. You can look under the scanner at the PCB located at the left edge to about 1/3 ... 1/4 of the ways across the machine. The HDD is mounted onto the PCB and can be seen if it is there.

An external HDD isn't going to work.

If you don't see HDD as a scan destination option, you need to get the HD-504 option from KM.

knightfall
02-29-2008, 10:49 AM
The hard drive is an option dont assume call your service company to verify they should have this on records if you dont and want the user box feature order it through your service company and have them install it.

NB OFFICE
02-29-2008, 08:53 PM
I am breaking down to call my rep, and pay him $125 an hour to help. Thanks everyone for your free help it is great to have places like this to go to!
We can close the thread now.
Nannette

Custom Search