PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c224e network problem

Custom Search

occus
10-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Hi

I have a problem with a bizhub c224e. I have no connection.
Special, between the PC and the machine is a switch to a other room, cable ~10 meters

I have 10 machines and all have worked. If i connect a other machine it works perfect.
i have tested a direct connection between the PC and the machine after it works!

-Test with IP address dhcp and static...
-reset of network in service mode.. nothing

Same firmware of all machine Firmware G20-63

What is the difference?

Any ideas? thanks!

*edit
-i changed the PC and the switch... nothing works

the machine get a ip address from router but i have no ping, no web interface and no print connection from PC, from router i have a ping connection..

a4o7910
10-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Service mode.Sistem1.contr.0

a4o7910
10-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Web pages.ip

a4o7910
10-04-2013, 09:34 PM
Cabel is not cross on the swich

a4o7910
10-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Its a machin embeded controler?

TheOwl
10-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Try slowing down the NIC speed to something like 100 MBit Half Duplex or 10 MBit Half duplex and see if there is still an issue.

Also, depending on how the infrastructure is laid out, you might want to try hanging the machine directly off the switch and bypass the cabling in the wall as this could also be an issue.

Test with a PC conntected to the outlet where the copier is plugged into and see if that works. Sometimes switches of a low quality or cabling which is compromised can cause MFD's to not receive a link as they are unable to negotiate and speed with the switch.

blackcat4866
10-07-2013, 01:02 AM
Try slowing down the NIC speed to something like 100 MBit Half Duplex or 10 MBit Half duplex and see if there is still an issue.
... Sometimes switches of a low quality or cabling which is compromised can cause MFD's to not receive a link as they are unable to negotiate and speed with the switch.

That was my suggestion. I've seen this on the previous incarnation (C280, C360). In my situations one test page would print then the connection would drop. Reboot, one more page would print, then connection drop. =^..^=

occus
10-07-2013, 08:31 AM
Thanks for reply

1. yes i use the embedded controller, it's a new machine out of the box.(standard adjustments)
2. Test with slow down the NIC speed, problem persists.

The other machines are working with no problems on the same port/cable/switch...
So i can say the switch and the cables are not the problem.
There is a difference between the machines but i don't know what.

Adjustments are all the same.
I use the infrastructure for so many ineo+220Sseries and for more than 10 ineo+224e but this is the first one with network problems.

emujo
10-07-2013, 02:07 PM
I notice you have the MFP at ver G20-63. This version is only for the LK (web browser) enabled MFP. If you don't have the LK installed then this may be causing the issue. Emujo

pajeroid
10-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Did you solve the problem? I have a machine which is doing the same. It's an Olivetti MF222plus which is the same model.

My problem is slightly different, all machines cannot print when the machine goes tits up. I have tried lowering the network speed. It also has User Authentication on, is this the same for you???

EarthKmTech
10-10-2013, 01:46 PM
try formatting / replacing the hard drive - as stupid as that sounds - hard drive self corruption is a standard feature of all of the e series at the moment, quite often straight out of the box with not so obvious signs till its delivered to the customer and setup.

pepper38_cnd
10-11-2013, 12:54 PM
I have seen this many times when a customer upgrades their switch to 1G the cabling and patch cords, all have to be CAT5e or CAT6! If any thing between the machine and switch is only CAT5 problems arise. If you simply insert a mini switch ( 100/100 ) right at the copier all is well. If the new switch is managed then programming the port the copier is attached to to 100M will solve the problem. Note everything on the network that does not support 1G will work fine, problems are only with newer products that actually support 1G.

Common symptoms are:

Dropping off network
intermittent print jobs just disappearing
Scan to email is hit and miss
Having to reboot MFP every morning
Very slow spooling

gomarlins2000
10-11-2013, 01:38 PM

occus
10-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Hi

Sorry i found no good solution. But i can resolve the problem...
I don't know where is the problem but the combination from my router and this machine is bad.

My router can handle all other machines 220series/224series/224eseries but only this 224e machine makes problem.
No routing function from different PC's to the networkcard of this machine... if i change the router it works perfect.

I changed the mac address and the hostname of a laptop to the same like the bad 224e, but no connection...

I don't know what is wrong, but i have not more time for this problem...

@emujo
the firmware is the correct one, but thank you.

@EarthKmTech
test after formatting the HDD does not work... but i haven't replace, thank you

LPetrov
12-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Try to update to massproduct firmware G20-A9 then update to special firmware GD1-A9.

chachadelta
12-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Try to Initialise the network setting in service mode and try to conect

Custom Search