PDA

View Full Version : TA3500i jams 4208 and 4101

Custom Search

MHeon71
10-05-2013, 01:02 PM
4208 and 4101 are the jam codes I have received most recently. The job is 2 sided letter and has been reported not to have black edges. 1 sheet is found in the duplex and the other wrapped around the pressure roller. I have not seen it actually jam and the client reports what she sees.

We delivered the machines in July and has roughly 42K copies. It should be an up to date machine and I have not seen any bulletins regarding this problem. I have flashed the firmware to ver. 6. Within the test commands, I have found 161, which now has jam prevention mode, which I have turned on without changing any defaults within the jam prevention mode, the values are all set to -10.

Questions - Does anyone have suggestions or solutions? The jam prevention mode, is it for specific purposes? Example, for mountain regions or certain conditions. The values go from 0 to -30.

Thanks for any help.

Venom
10-06-2013, 12:26 AM
Try a different fuser assembly

taskalfaman
10-08-2013, 12:48 PM
4208 and 4101 are the jam codes I have received most recently. The job is 2 sided letter and has been reported not to have black edges. 1 sheet is found in the duplex and the other wrapped around the pressure roller. I have not seen it actually jam and the client reports what she sees.

We delivered the machines in July and has roughly 42K copies. It should be an up to date machine and I have not seen any bulletins regarding this problem. I have flashed the firmware to ver. 6. Within the test commands, I have found 161, which now has jam prevention mode, which I have turned on without changing any defaults within the jam prevention mode, the values are all set to -10.

Questions - Does anyone have suggestions or solutions? The jam prevention mode, is it for specific purposes? Example, for mountain regions or certain conditions. The values go from 0 to -30.

Thanks for any help.

please respect the values in sim 402.
that is what I got from Kyocera.
It seems to be difficult to describe about the acceptablerange of image for preventing fixing problem, because it can differ dependingon the image sample.
So as we have description in U402 in service manual, wecan only say the recommended range of top margin is 4 + 1.5 /-0 mm.

JustManuals
10-08-2013, 05:51 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

20gaugeO/U
10-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Another tech had something happen like this on a 3550ci that was only breaking in too. Tech support said get a new fuser. Something about the guides in the fuser had been tweeked. It's not the codes you have but keep an eye on Bulletin C126 for duplex jamming.

MHeon71
10-10-2013, 01:15 AM
I believe I have fixed the issue. I increased the trail edge void in TC 402 and I have not seen it jam in 2 days. Thanks for your help and yes I am trying to be careful of 402.

Custom Search