PDA

View Full Version : Scan to Email - Issue

Custom Search

leaf920
10-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Hello!

Maybe you guys can help us out here. So we're having issues with our “Scanning files to Email” queuing in exchange. All emails go through perfectly fine.

For some reason the files would queue in (MS Exchange 2003) and not go anywhere after the files are scan.

In order for the email to go through we stop the server. Open and edit the file in notepad and delete off the “REPLY TO:” line, and then start the server again.

After deleting the “Reply to:” line it goes through perfectly. It’s probably something small but very annoying that we have to force it through each time. I don’t know if we have to change the configuration/settings on the printer/scanner itself? (using Konica Minolta 500/420/360PCL). I I dont know if its a scanner issue or exchange issue, If you guys could help, that’ll be great, thanks!

Mr Spock
10-08-2013, 10:51 PM
I am not an exchange person but it could either be that the reply to address does not exist or it needs to be added as a safe sender in exchange.
There is a white paper on making a copier whitelisted in exchange so a user name and password are not needed to send emails. I might be able to find it again. I was designed for KM products but should work on any model.

emujo
10-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Just a stab in the dark...1st, is that reply to address a real email address, or just a generic entry in the admin/machine address fields for the copier. 2nd, there is a special firmware for the Bizhub 601 that, along with a software switch change, will remove the reply to field when the copier sends an email. This may be available for the 501 series also. See your KM rep for assistance. Emujo

Custom Search