PDA

View Full Version : Konica 601 Trouble Isolation Weirdness?

Custom Search

Synaux
10-08-2013, 04:24 PM
I got this 601 in a few days ago and was baffled that the thing would not keep my manual IP address settings (except sub and gateway) and DHCP wouldn't work either.
I wanted to reset the NIC, but there does not appear to be NVRAM recovery special firmware for the 601/701 (despite being clearly listed in the NVRAM recovery documentation)

I ended up getting it to work, but I instead of "Print Controller", on my machine its "Network" (see the Solution ID) and had to set it to "set."
Restart, Enable Network in Admin mode, Restart, Add Addresses.

I replicated this three times to verify I am not crazy.
This is backwards right--shouldn't "setting" the Network in Trouble Isolation disable it?

Also, the print drivers would not work unless I changed the TCPIP port settings to LPR 1.
The service manual states that the 601 is RAW compatible.

Printing Method lpd/lpr (TCP/IP), IPP (TCP/IP), AppleTalk (EtherTalk), PServer/RPrinter

(IPX/SPX), RAW Port (TCP/IP)

Solution ID TAUS0902240EN* Solution Usage 4
Description
The machine will not hold the ip address entered in the network setting of the machine.
Solution
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. The print controller is in a trouble isolation state.
SOLUTION: Enter the service mode, select 'system one',then select'trouble isolation'. Set the print controller to 'unset' to release it from isolation. Once it has
been released, the ip address can now be entered and stored in the machine.
2. Problem with the network setting.
SOLUTION: Enter the adminstrator mode, select Network Settings, then select Network Setting and press the "Off" button. Turn off the main power. Then
turn on the main power, Enter the adminstrator mode, select Network Settings, then select Network Setting and press the "On" button. Turn the main power
off. At power on the IP address should "stick."

:confused:

emujo
10-08-2013, 06:23 PM
The print controller is the IC chip that fits to the SYS board. The network settings are available regardless of the installed/not installed print controller. The MFP can scan w/o print chip, so IP info must be set before configuring scanning, print options will be gone from the user menu along with printing config/test pages. When you "set" an item in trouble isolation, you are disabling that function. Unset will return the function. Turning the network functions ON/OFF is similar to a soft reset of the NIC. Emujo

Synaux
10-09-2013, 04:15 PM
The print controller is the IC chip that fits to the SYS board. The network settings are available regardless of the installed/not installed print controller. The MFP can scan w/o print chip, so IP info must be set before configuring scanning, print options will be gone from the user menu along with printing config/test pages. When you "set" an item in trouble isolation, you are disabling that function. Unset will return the function. Turning the network functions ON/OFF is similar to a soft reset of the NIC. Emujo

Thanks for the info emujo--you are insightful as always.
However, if I am understanding you correctly, setting the network in trouble isolation to "set" should disable it, not allowing it to function--I have this machine set to "set" and it is working perfectly...?
Is this not strange?

emujo
10-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Insightful? Maybe..just to be sure, I went into our C353, isolated tray 1 and the stapler, (chose set) touched apply and was prompted for power cycle. After power cycle, tray 1 and staple are unavailable. No icon to select them and message that tray1 and stapler are unavailable. back into service mode and touched unset and all is normal. Emujo

Synaux
01-14-2014, 06:38 AM
Insightful? Maybe..just to be sure, I went into our C353, isolated tray 1 and the stapler, (chose set) touched apply and was prompted for power cycle. After power cycle, tray 1 and staple are unavailable. No icon to select them and message that tray1 and stapler are unavailable. back into service mode and touched unset and all is normal. Emujo

I ran across this old post while searching for something else. I thought I had followed up on this.

Regardless, this machine gave me hell at first, but I cleared the odd behavior in this post with multiple firmware flashing and cf card restoration. I cannot say which one exactly as they were all done in one day for another issue, but this may help someone in the future.

SmellsHot
01-14-2014, 11:53 AM
Sounded like a CF card issue from the beginning....they are very flaky....

Custom Search