PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous bizhub c652ds

Custom Search

fancheta
10-10-2013, 10:03 PM
I have a machine that keeps telling me Toner K(blk) is low and needs to be replaced and the toner level shown on the screen panel is at 20%. I have tried replacing toner and yet it still prompts. A few techs came by as well and literally took the machine apart to replace sensors, and also did a firmware upgrade. Would could the problem be?:confused:

EKelly
10-10-2013, 10:13 PM
we have come across this with a couple of our Color Bizhubs before, the toner was switched out prematurely. we simply allowed the new toner to reach "empty" and machine reset itself with the next toner change.

fancheta
10-10-2013, 11:19 PM
ok thank you, I will wait till that new toner runs out.

EarthKmTech
10-10-2013, 11:43 PM
This engine uses new article detection boards on the toners. If you wait for it to demand toner you will have yourself a big plastic boat anchor that wont do anything at all other than warm your office.

Assuming it is a new, sealed & correct version toner -in my experience it's been the chip contacts on the machine side, failing that i would be suspecting the printer control board after checking the wiring between the socket and the board.

It's also not unheard of to have faulty "chips" on consumables, I've experienced "chip" relaited non reset issues on drums and developing units on various KM models, its rare but it does happen. Even once had an incorrect model version chip installed. Never on a sealed toner but who knows.

Custom Search