PDA

View Full Version : Copier displays "Front door is Open" HELP please!

Custom Search

chejay127
10-11-2013, 02:47 AM
Good day sir, I have an old konica 7055 and just now it displays "front door open" message, even though it's close or interlock is cheated.. I have tried to disassemble the front cover to see if the interlock has been disconnected but is perfectly fine. I also tried to disconnect the interlock and replaced it with a spare from the other machine but no luck. I haven't tried yet to trace the white wire from the interlock to the back of the machine if where it goes.. Help me please...?? thank you!!!

Phrag
10-11-2013, 04:52 AM
Good day sir, I have an old konica 7055 and just now it displays "front door open" message, even though it's close or interlock is cheated.. I have tried to disassemble the front cover to see if the interlock has been disconnected but is perfectly fine. I also tried to disconnect the interlock and replaced it with a spare from the other machine but no luck. I haven't tried yet to trace the white wire from the interlock to the back of the machine if where it goes.. Help me please...?? thank you!!!

I'm no expert by any means, but I would presume that there should be power to the interlock switch. Maybe whatever supplies the power to this switch is buggered

chejay127
10-11-2013, 05:07 AM
That's what I think too sir, I had to disassemble the exit door assembly just to trace the wires of the interlock switch. It is connected to the pcb board at the lower left side of the machine(under Exitdoor), and I tested it with my multi-tester and there's connectivity on it, so i guess it is'nt the wires. The other cause I am also suspecting is the relay next to the ports of the interlock wires. It doesn't click.. T_T

Luther
10-11-2013, 02:12 PM
If the machine has a large capacity paper tray mounted to the right side disconnect it and see if the message goes away, if you dont have one mounted on the machine replace the duplex unit driver board

JustManuals
10-11-2013, 03:56 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Arcadian
10-11-2013, 08:16 PM
There might be 2 switches, just have not looked hard enough. the micro switch could have failed too..

chejay127
10-12-2013, 03:59 AM
If the machine has a large capacity paper tray mounted to the right side disconnect it and see if the message goes away, if you dont have one mounted on the machine replace the duplex unit driver board

There is no large capacity tray attached at my machine sir.. as for the duplex unit driver board I don't know where it is located,, T_T is it at the back of duplex tray sir?? thanks...

chejay127
10-12-2013, 04:12 AM
There might be 2 switches, just have not looked hard enough. the micro switch could have failed too..

As far as I know sir there is just one interlock switch for front door cover(which I always cheat whenever i troubleshoots paper jam), except for the interlock of fuser's lever.. Some says I should check the board of feed motor at the lower rear of the machine (drives feeding unit). tanks..

Luther
10-12-2013, 02:06 PM
remove the fron cover of the duplex unit and the board is right in front

Mick01
10-14-2013, 06:25 AM
This brings back memories!!!
This is a very old model and is testing the brain matter, but i think i can help
This is normally caused (believe it or not) by a short in the paper feed drive motor.
There is a gear in the drive unit that chews out internally and drops the drive pin onto the motor (which shorts and blows the motor).
It is a nightmare job to get to the drive ass'ly. I suggest putting the machine out to pasture.
Hope this helps (i used to cringe in fear when i used to get sent to one of these machines displaying this message)

chejay127
10-15-2013, 03:01 AM
This brings back memories!!!
This is a very old model and is testing the brain matter, but i think i can help
This is normally caused (believe it or not) by a short in the paper feed drive motor.
There is a gear in the drive unit that chews out internally and drops the drive pin onto the motor (which shorts and blows the motor).
It is a nightmare job to get to the drive ass'ly. I suggest putting the machine out to pasture.
Hope this helps (i used to cringe in fear when i used to get sent to one of these machines displaying this message)

Indeed a very old model sir, I have solved the problem sir. I found out that The "Front door Open" message is also related to its drive motor board like you've said, I had to solder out those transistors and replace with a new one.. It is shorted because when i opened the drive assembly I found a screw shorting transistor's pins.

And it is no doubt that getting into the drive assembly can be very stressful, you would go trough first to its main board with so many wires and pins. But I was used to it, because the problem of this machine is always about its drive gears.. hehehehe thank you all.. God bless

Mick01
10-15-2013, 03:15 AM
Thankyou for posting your resolution. Glad to be of assistance

Bizhub350
10-16-2013, 07:28 AM
check retraced the wire socket or try to change the control board

Custom Search