PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 751 at a Bank using Jack Henry to print statements - copier locks up

Custom Search

EagleMan
10-11-2013, 12:03 PM
I am looking for some assistance on getting (or understanding) how to address an issue of a Bizhub 751. My customer is a bank that uses Jack Henry to print statements. Each statement "run" is about 15,000 pages, each job is 1-5 pages and each job is sent to the Bizhub 751 individually. After "X" amount of jobs the copier locks up and needs to be rebooted which causes the lose of print jobs and thus my headache. Does anyone know how to control the amount of print jobs that get pushed out to the copier or does anyone know how many actual print jobs the 751 can handle? I am at real loss here. I would appreciate any help you can offer.

JustManuals
10-11-2013, 03:57 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

EagleMan
10-11-2013, 04:16 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com
Thanks for wasting my time. That was of no help whatsoever

Zackuth
10-11-2013, 04:47 PM
The problem may not be the machine but the software. We have had many calls that the customer says "It prints everything just fine except for this one program/site/etc." It then becomes a matter for the software company, the bank's IT person, and you to handle. But I have seen the finisher nearly full on these machines and running strong without a problem. Now, if the machine locks up with whatever is sent though, then yes, there is a machine issue. I would first look at firmware, then the boards.

Arcadian
10-11-2013, 08:12 PM
Might want to check the power going thru the machine not wise to put the machine on a power strip either direct to the wall or thru an line conditioner.
Also check the firmware. But I would lean toward the board engine board. If the power is sporadic then the board probably fried.

Good luck

Also I agree to that manual guy keep posting on every new post, which in turn gives him 3,000 plus post. Waste of time. Maybe not for him but for us waiting for a legit answer.

gomarlins2000
10-11-2013, 08:55 PM
Good luck Jack Henry software is a big issue on many printers and copiers must of the time is Jack Henry software and they way they are set up to run there report take up to management and have Jack Henry be present or on the phone to troubleshoot the issue on the spot.

Had multiple experiences with HP and Jack Henry reports especially at night time reports that were ran through.

Hey I think again is an issue with the software not your copier.

EagleMan
10-11-2013, 09:27 PM
I don't think the software or the copier are "broken". I think the software is sending too many print jobs too fast and the 751 can't regulate it and I am told Jack Henry is of little assistance if any. The customer prints find but when the statements run they print 13,000 pages. Each print job may be 1 to 5 pages long so there are thousands of individual print jobs being sent. I think the copier locks up because of a memory issue, like it wants to accept every print job but runs out of memory trying to do so? Does that sound logical?

Arcadian
10-12-2013, 01:53 AM
You can try to clean the memory with an eraser, sometime memory chip the de-sync when sitting to long lose connection before it reaches that address in the memory. Pull them out and reseat them do it like 2-3 times, see if that helps.
All you can do is try. :)

EarthKmTech
10-12-2013, 08:25 AM
Does the machine have a HDD installed ?

sent print jobs should be queing up on it rather than the system memory.

If the optional HDD is not installed your probably just running out of memory.

EagleMan
10-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Might want to check the power going thru the machine not wise to put the machine on a power strip either direct to the wall or thru an line conditioner.
Also check the firmware. But I would lean toward the board engine board. If the power is sporadic then the board probably fried.

Good luck

Also I agree to that manual guy keep posting on every new post, which in turn gives him 3,000 plus post. Waste of time. Maybe not for him but for us waiting for a legit answer.

I reported it, it's spam for sure

SmellsHot
10-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Definitely gonna need a hard drive to handle that much data. Have you tried changing the "advanced" printer settings in your printer driver? You know like "print directly" or "start printing after last page is spooled"? I'd give those settings a shot first.....Software companies are usually little to no help.....

Custom Search