PDA

View Full Version : Publisher color click issue

Custom Search

SmellsHot
10-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Hey everyone,
Here's my issue. I'm using Publisher 2010. I've created a 2 page document(for testing purposes). First page created with CMYK 100%K and 2nd page created with CMYK 100% C. Under "advanced output settings" I changed separations to CMYK. So my issue is that my Konica C224e and C654 count this as two color clicks. I'm using newest C654 PS driver with Auto Color selected. Now if I used this same driver and printed to a Muratec color machine it counts it correctly one black one color click. So I thought it was a Konica issue. So I used the same Konica PS driver to print to a Bizhub C35, this counted it correctly. So.........I have two machines that cannot detect "auto color" from publisher......very weird. And the issue is only out of Publisher. Word/excel/PDF's count correctly.

Anyone seen this?

blackcat4866
10-15-2013, 01:15 AM
I am peripherally involved in an issue like this with a Sharp Polaris (MX-6040N). From what I've seen, the Publisher 2010 original is not 100/0/0/0, even though the text settings are set up that way. When I examine the document with ColorPic I get 97/0/0/3 (3% cyan).

I've been told that Publisher makes the blacks look richer by adding cyan. Whatever the reason, it's not 100% black and always clicks color. The recommendation I got was to compose the document in Adobe Professional, or convert to PDF. I don't know if it works.

=^..^=

SmellsHot
10-15-2013, 06:09 PM
That's kind of what I thought, but I have a graphics department here and had them check the created publisher file and they said it's 100%k. I export to PDF and it still clicks color. Very weird.....I'd say it's an issue creating the document in publisher, but I can print my publisher file to other color devices and they count correctly.

Mr Spock
10-16-2013, 02:03 AM
In the past Microsoft products tend to print in greyscale not true black and this generates a "color" click. If you select b/w for the first page does it click color?

SmellsHot
10-16-2013, 06:48 PM
No that part works fine. It's with "auto color" only. For some reason KM tech support won't create me a document in Publisher and test on there machines and then provide me with it. Theres something not right about the document, but it counts fine on other products.....Very strange...

KenB
10-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Just curious... are you printing color and BW pages 2 up and / or duplexed on the same sheet of paper>?

I had this issue on a Ricoh machine; if ANY of the job was color, it was ALL counted as color, as the machine can't change developers in the middle of a job.

This may or may not apply in your case, but it's worth mentioning. (I think...).

SmellsHot
10-18-2013, 07:40 PM
unfortunately no.....

dallas
10-18-2013, 11:06 PM
Maybe, simulation profile active?

pepper38_cnd
10-20-2013, 04:51 PM
It appears that the ACS only works if you are making more than 1 set of a particular print job. This is from the service manual under ACS control:

NOTE
• The control of 1st transfer roller in the ACS mode is enabled only after the number of sheets of continuous series of black
originals has been counted. It is therefore not an effective control for a copy print job involving only one copy set/stack. The
control is effectively operable for the following print jobs: Since on the first copy, the control can be performed only for where
the original is read and counted.
“Copy print of the second copy set/stack and onward”
“Copy print from a registered job”
“PC print job”

So the first set of a print job will be counted as all color if any color exist, and each set produced after that will be counted correctly if it is all part of the same print job. Customers who are extremely fussy about color counts should not rely on ACS.

SmellsHot
10-21-2013, 12:00 PM
hmmm....good info.
But......I'm only doing one page that is black in publisher. And counts correctly on other Manufacturer equipment as well as my Konica color printers. It counts incorrectly on two newer machines in shop (c654 and c224e) so far......

SmellsHot
10-21-2013, 12:02 PM
If anyone has a few minutes and wants to help me out I'd appreciate it. Just simply create a 2 page document in Publisher 1 page color 1 page black and test on your Konica equipment. If it counts correctly, can you attach it to this post.
Thanks

Custom Search