PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Fax Issue

Custom Search

jrob416
10-14-2013, 02:35 PM
Looking at a BizHub C220 that previously had no issues with faxing. Customer moved machine to a different wall in same office, using same phone line outlet and now faxing is hit or miss. Swapped phone lines, tried with and w/o surge protector, re-seated fax board, and confirmed that number dialed was a good number. The machine will fax to some numbers and not to others, and when I arrived on scene I was able to send to a number that previously rejected the fax. The T codes I get vary also. Where do I find the explanation for these T codes?

emujo
10-14-2013, 02:55 PM
Did you have to extend the fax line, or run it through a surge suppressor to get the required line length? Emujo

jrob416
10-14-2013, 04:38 PM
The customer did use a longer line to reach the machine, and there is a surge protector in line. I swapped the line on each side of the s.p. with no change.

emujo
10-14-2013, 08:59 PM
Try a single length line, and remove the surge protector from the equation. We normally don't use the surge suppressor for either the fax, or Ethernet as they have given up issues in the past. Emujo

Custom Search