PDA

View Full Version : Kip 5000 - !Default error 61. Default box is full

Custom Search

wseyller
10-16-2013, 04:57 PM
There is nothing about this in the service manual or the Konica Minolta knowledge base. Anyone have a clue to what this is. They can't scan to file and they can't print more than one page at a time.

Mr Spock
10-16-2013, 11:18 PM
Check the hard drive of controller. It may be near capacity.

wseyller
10-16-2013, 11:52 PM
Yeah I found it earlier. I just went thru different folders and check the properties to see how much space they were taking up. I found one folder consuming over 90% of the partition.

D:\MonPath1\Problems\

There were many folders and files. I have no clue what they are exactly. Customer didn't have anything important on the hard drive so I though worse case is I have you reinstall system software. So I delete everything in that Problems folder. Customer put it through a heavy test and all is good. Don't see any negative effects from the deletion. Not sure how to prevent it from doing that but at least the next tech that has to go out there with this issue they will see a resolution in the call history.

Mr Spock
10-18-2013, 12:56 AM
That is the directory for print jobs that the machine does not understand. Usually you can just delete them and everything is good.

wseyller
10-18-2013, 01:07 AM
That is the directory for print jobs that the machine does not understand. Usually you can just delete them and everything is good.

Thanks for the description of that folder. Just curious do you if there is a setting to prevent the kip from storing them or at least only store a max size then delete the oldest.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Custom Search