PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone selling Fiery system software ISOs?

Custom Search

oxident
10-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Hi!

I'm wondering if someone here is selling ISO images for current KM Fiery's...
Please contact me by PM for further details...

EarthKmTech
10-17-2013, 10:41 PM
Hi!

I'm wondering if someone here is selling ISO images for current KM Fiery's...
Please contact me by PM for further details...

Doesnt the software install disk come with the fiery ?

(I dont unbox them, so i dont know)

wseyller
10-18-2013, 03:10 AM
Doesnt the software install disk come with the fiery ?

(I dont unbox them, so i dont know)

I just connected a C364 with an IC-414 and it comes with a disk. But the disk has the older 1.1 software. It came installed with 1.2 minus the two patches available.

I could see some people might want the newest iso whether they have the disk or not. Of course you have to know what your doing to install it as there are specific steps to follow and if you don't do it right and forget a step you have to start over.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RRodgers
10-18-2013, 03:21 AM
I give them away for free... course you'll have to earn it first.

oxident
10-18-2013, 07:17 AM
Well, I don't think, you'll give away this image because it's really quite new and hard to get. We are talking about an IC-306 v3 (!).

The story behind is that I've installed the hardware upgrade (new video card) but then I've discovered that the system DVD is broken (due to production fault). Unfortunately, the spare media will take at least six weeks to arrive and neither EFI nor KM is able to supply me an ISO to get this done sooner.

Hmm, I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to earn this. Or do you have any suggestions? ;-)

Mick01
10-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Hi,
You will never get "official" iso images from EFI or KM. This is due to microsoft licensing. Also IC-306 V3 is not a free upgrade so again you will never get ISO images for this.
Good news going forward though, new EFI Controllers going forward (system 10 or 100) have the fiery sytem on a separate DVD to the operating system which fixes this problem.

oxident
10-21-2013, 07:14 AM
Hi!

Yes, I know the bundled Windows OS is always a legal issue but in my case, I wouldn't even need the main OS. Even on older Fiery systems, the main installation package could be found on the installation media and installing it without reloading the whole system wasn't a big thing, even on system 9/9r2.

Regarding the FS100, I could happily live without the Windows base install files as long as someone is willing to provide me access to the Fiery package. Of course I know that the upgrade is 1000$+ because I already bought it (and installed the new video interface) but the installation media was faulty. Now I'm just trying everything to get it running without waiting nearly two months until the replacement media arrives :-(

UPDATE: I just took a look at the (broken) DVDs I've received and it looks like that the main Fiery system installer isn't located on a separate DVD because I only got the "regular" two discs: Sytem and User software.
So I guess the Fiery Installer is located inside a folder on the System DVD (as usual). That would be exactly what I'm asking for ;-)

oxident
10-25-2013, 06:34 AM
Okay, got the system DVD and now the Fiery is up and running.
Unfortunately without the user software ... so I'm forced to use 2.0 drivers.

Does anyone know where I can find the Windows drivers for v3.0?

Mick01
10-25-2013, 11:35 PM
Best place would be the efi site.

oxident
10-26-2013, 12:49 AM
Well, they only offer MacOS drivers at the moment :-(

Custom Search