PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous bizhub c224

Custom Search

fancheta
10-18-2013, 05:15 AM
I have a machine that would show a prompt saying "copying and scanning" functions are turned off. All the machine can do is do print jobs. I would do a trouble reset, reconnect the DF scanner cables on the machine and the message would disappear and the machine would start working to normal again. This machine has been called for service twice because of this. Anyone have an idea on what is causing this?

owen3Q
10-18-2013, 05:33 AM
What is the firmware version?
If the firmware is a new version
Check the scanner and MFP board connection is normal.

B0265
10-18-2013, 09:46 AM
Check the service call history for related trouble codes.

dirtyfingers
10-18-2013, 09:46 AM
Check the service mode "trouble isolation set"
The message you describe is displayed when the Scanner & ADF are "Set"

Unset is normal
Set = disabled

Change to unset and restart

JustManuals
10-18-2013, 07:27 PM
​RTFM.

fancheta
10-25-2013, 02:43 AM
Firmaare is the latest off the kmbs site and the trouble isolations are all unset. Doing a troible reset seems to temporarily fix the problem. Customer just informed me that it happened again a few days later. I have no clue whats going on.

wseyller
10-25-2013, 03:25 AM
Probably wouldnt hurt to reseat all connectors on mfp board and scan board, and memory. And reflash the firmware. To me that would be the minimum to start with.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

B0265
10-25-2013, 08:02 AM
Firmaare is the latest off the kmbs site and the trouble isolations are all unset. Doing a troible reset seems to temporarily fix the problem. Customer just informed me that it happened again a few days later. I have no clue whats going on.

Did you find any trouble codes in the service call history?

emujo
10-25-2013, 01:12 PM
Ask the customer if they are seeing a "xxx is disabled, press continue to bypass" or something to that effect. At least you can determine if the MFP is self isolating a problem. Once they hit the sub power button, the disabled part is bypassed, but if they cycle power the process starts again. Emujo

fancheta
10-30-2013, 05:26 AM
Did you find any trouble codes in the service call history?

none

fancheta
10-30-2013, 05:31 AM
Ask the customer if they are seeing a "xxx is disabled, press continue to bypass" or something to that effect. At least you can determine if the MFP is self isolating a problem. Once they hit the sub power button, the disabled part is bypassed, but if they cycle power the process starts again. Emujo

it seems it is self isolating the problem because once that message appears (copy and scan functions are not available) they can still send prints. Doing trouble resets seems to solve the problem only to have it come back after a few days.

Not sure how to tackle this problem.

fancheta
10-30-2013, 05:33 AM
Probably wouldnt hurt to reseat all connectors on mfp board and scan board, and memory. And reflash the firmware. To me that would be the minimum to start with.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

reflashed the machine back on Friday and customer contacted me saying it came back again.

emujo
10-30-2013, 01:31 PM
Is the MFP on VCARE? If so you should be able to see any reported trouble codes on the vcare server. Might help in trouble shooting, but it sounds like an ADF issue. Have you installed GC8-20 firmware? Emujo

fancheta
10-30-2013, 09:48 PM
Is the MFP on VCARE? If so you should be able to see any reported trouble codes on the vcare server. Might help in trouble shooting, but it sounds like an ADF issue. Have you installed GC8-20 firmware? Emujo

Yes it is but "could not retrieve data" I've only installed the same firmware it was shipped with which wad the mass produced one.

The customer notified me again this morning saying the copy and scan functions were disabled again.

Custom Search