PDA

View Full Version : Scan artefact appearing on Bizhub C220

Custom Search

Lord_Azrael
10-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Hi,
I've got a query with a machine and just thought I'd see if anyone had come across this fault. It's actually an Olivetti MF220 (same as a Konica C220) and when scanning a square artefact appears on the print. It only ocurs with scanning, and doesn't happen all the time.
Any thoughts as to what could be failing to create this problem?
Many thanks
Pictures of problem:

dirtyfingers
10-19-2013, 10:20 AM
looks like image processing
it could be the memory modules (soldered onto the MFP board )

Try running the memory checks in service mode.
Reload firmware
Compact PDF scanning can also cause some strange effects
try standard PDF

My guess is still a faulty MFP board...but rule out the others first.

blackcat4866
10-19-2013, 12:39 PM
I might not be able to tell you what it is, but I can tell you what it isn't.

It isn't anything to do with the print engine, scanner mechanics, white lever reference, CCD. Which leaves you items that do the image processing: connections, firmware, memory, HDD, scanner PWB, MFP PWB, ... in that order. =^..^=

pepper38_cnd
10-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Just out of curiosity. If you scan an ordinary document or a picture that does NOT contain a BAR CODE, does the same thing happen? How is this being scanned? Scan to email, folder SMB, FTP?

blackcat4866
10-19-2013, 12:59 PM
Just out of curiosity. If you scan an ordinary document or a picture that does NOT contain a BAR CODE, does the same thing happen? How is this being scanned? Scan to email, folder SMB, FTP?

Do you think the machine is misreading, or trying to obscure the barcode? =^..^=

pepper38_cnd
10-19-2013, 01:16 PM
It may be far fetched but the square sort of resembles those square codes used to scan by smart phones. I was wondering if he had an app on the PC he was scaning to that tried to convert the bar code to one of those things, since both samples he gave us had bar codes..

Lord_Azrael
10-19-2013, 03:39 PM
Thanks for all the replies. The MFP board was changed by another engineer last week for this fault, but it still remains, so that should rule that out. I'll have to see if they've been using compact PDF or not and will run the other checks when I get over next week.
Thanks again, will let you know what happens.

Custom Search