PDA

View Full Version : FS-526 main body stapler abnormal movement

Custom Search

Phrag
10-21-2013, 01:39 AM
Hi everyone,

I've got some abnormal movement in a staple unit on an FS-526 Finisher.

As you can see in the attached image, (I'm not familiar with the terminology here) the head that clamps down during stapling (Marked in red) seems to drop down an inch when the staple unit is shifting from the rear of the machine (Top Left Staple position) to anywhere toward the front side of the finisher. This causes it to run into the trailing edge stopper (marked in yellow).

Now I'm not aware if the trail edge stopper is supposed to move during this time or not, but I know something either is or isn't moving when it should be.

I was thinking maybe the cams on the staple unit have been flipped somehow, but it still staples correctly when I try stapling in the "Top Right position" (front side of finisher.)

Is anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers.

Phrag
10-21-2013, 05:53 AM
UPDATE: I found the cause of the stapler head dropping;

There is another guide like the one circled in red at the rear of the finisher. During the rotation of the shaft it is located on, it swings a tad too high, and the burred mylar guide catches on a metal lip on the staple head; and as the staple unit slides back toward the front, the guide pushes down on it which then causes it to hit the trail edge stopper guides.

blackcat4866
10-22-2013, 01:30 AM
So what did you fix? =^..^=

Phrag
10-22-2013, 02:32 AM
So what did you fix? =^..^=
I got some mylar guide sheets on order. The current mylar is buggered. When I fit the new guides, I'll post up. If I remember.

Phrag
10-25-2013, 01:29 AM
I fit the new mylar sheets, but they had no effect.

I've brought the finisher back to the workshop anyway to pull it apart, unless anyone can point me to a bulletin about it. I can't find anything.

The part in question is A11P717101 and is labelled Guide Lever /3 in the parts manual. The corner of this seems to be catching the head of the staple unit and pushing it down as you can see on my original attachments. Then of course it collides with the trail edge stoppers.

I'm thinking there is a little too much friction between the paddle guide, and the shaft (Paper Exit Roller /lower). I'm thinking that when the shaft spins up, the friction generated between the Guide Lever /3 and the shaft itself causes the guide to swing up too far; and in conjuction with the staple unit movement (moving from the rear toward the front) causes the guide to catch on the staple head.

tl;dr pull out shaft - Clean it - fit new guide lever /3 and accompanying mylar sheet.

Thoughts?

blackcat4866
10-25-2013, 02:35 AM
Sorry, drawing a blank. Happy investigating. =^..^=

Phrag
10-25-2013, 02:46 AM
Sorry, drawing a blank. Happy investigating. =^..^=

All good Blackcat. I'm cleaning the shaft and paddle. It certainly does stick more than the other guide lever. I'll keep this thread updated when I can.

EarthKmTech
10-25-2013, 11:21 AM
somehow my post has disappeared that i added yesterday.

I've had this problem many times and simply remove the front and rear white triangle guides off the shaft completely.

it even happens on brand new finishers.

some do it, most dont. Not having the guides makes no difference to performance, I've got many without them.

Phrag
11-04-2013, 05:49 AM
somehow my post has disappeared that i added yesterday.

I've had this problem many times and simply remove the front and rear white triangle guides off the shaft completely.

it even happens on brand new finishers.

some do it, most dont. Not having the guides makes no difference to performance, I've got many without them.

Cheers for that. I'd thought of perhaps taking them off completely, but wasn't 100% sure if they served a real purpose or not. I'd guessed they didn't as they just seem to swing about. I suppose it couldn't have hurt to try it without them I suppose.

Once again, Cheers.

PS: Ordered the wrong mylar guide anyway T_T

Custom Search