PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 421 Jams on Tray 2 and 3 only.

Custom Search

Solotime
10-22-2013, 12:12 AM
Hi Guys,
I ran into this issue years ago and I can not for the life of me remember what the deal was.
Anyway...Bizhub 421 feeds fine out of tray 1. Tray 2 and 3 (LCT) will pass 1 copy with a pronounced paper crinkling noise. Run 2 or more copies and the second copy will jam in the synch/transfer section. Now I can change the paper to LetterR or legal and it will work. But standard letter like the LCT is fixed for will jam. I thought it was a clutch problem but that would not explain why it works fine from Tray 1. I cleaned them anyway with no change. They are not duplexing - this is one sided printing/copying. It seems like the paper buckle setting is just way off when using tray 2 or 3. The way the jam occurs it looks like the lower shaft with the 2 "tires" is overdriving the paper into the synch roller.
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks

CCS
10-23-2013, 03:36 AM
I have seen similar problems, try replacing conveyance clutch (50GA82020), it had solved it for me in the past. Also be sure and unplug and re-seat all paper feed unit harnesses, I had one do all sorts of crazy and unexplainable paper jams and found one harness barely unplugged some, I reseated connectors and good to go.

JustManuals
10-23-2013, 05:55 AM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Solotime
10-23-2013, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the reply. The thing I cant figure is if it were a clutch why would it not affect tray 1? Unless I missed it I would thing that all 3 paper trays use the same transport/synch clutches.

habik
10-23-2013, 02:46 PM
I have literally an hour ago finished C650 with similar problem a lot of jams in horizontal conveyance and vertical too. For me it was the LCC drive unit. Motor M25 with both gears were contaminated with dev or toner, compacted and occasionally slipped/ not meshed properly.. as Emujo would say loss of drive :) I have changed the Motor as the shaft was filled down a bit and also both gears. No point cleaning it.

Try to check that, and whilst you have it out, I'd change the clutches as well.

Hope this helps.

Solotime
10-24-2013, 11:21 PM
It was the Conveyance Clutch

blackcat4866
10-24-2013, 11:53 PM
Nice work habik. Where's your smiling face in those pictures? =^..^=

habik
10-25-2013, 07:47 AM
Nice work habik. Where's your smiling face in those pictures? =^..^=

I will have smiling face as soon as I finish off another C253 where the toner supply auger is blocked and would not turn. :) And you can tell that I am kept happy just by looking at the picture, where coffee is always available :) . Nice Service for nice engineers from nice customers :)

Have a nice weekend you all!

blackcat4866
10-26-2013, 01:37 AM
... And you can tell that I am kept happy just by looking at the picture, where coffee is always available :) . Nice Service for nice engineers from nice customers :) ...

I noticed the coffee. One of my long time customers puts on a cup of Darjeeling when I cross the threshold. It's nice to be appreciated (occasionally). =^..^=

fixthecopier
10-26-2013, 05:48 PM
I noticed the coffee. One of my long time customers puts on a cup of Darjeeling when I cross the threshold. It's nice to be appreciated (occasionally). =^..^=

Nice customer. That is my favorite tea.

Custom Search