PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C6501 with FS-607 trail edge waviness due to roller speed difference

Custom Search

Choclit007
10-22-2013, 11:43 PM
11x17 or 12x18 paper loops/buckles immediately after/against the finisher entrance roller as the page passes through the finisher.
The next roller appears to not be running as fast as the entrance roller so a loop starts forming.
It then folds too far creating a waviness on the last few inches of paper; no jam occurs.
Sometimes you can hear it flip as the edge comes out the entrance roller.
Per the SM, entrance sensor activation is supposed to cause the exit roller motor to increase speed.
I suspect this is not happening.

Copier has 1.4M on it

I would appreciate any comments on this issue - hopefully I have adequately explained it.

JustManuals
10-23-2013, 12:18 AM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Captain Jack
10-23-2013, 03:48 AM
I had the finisher entrance rollers section, idler roller tension spring come loose causing feed problem

Mick01
10-23-2013, 06:01 AM
Hi,
I have had this issue.
The roller you say that is not turning as fast is the problem (the one after the entrance roller). Replace and it should resolve your issue.

Choclit007
10-23-2013, 04:43 PM
Thanks for your responses I will order parts & update later.

mrwho
01-22-2015, 07:32 PM
Good evening.

Could you please share with us what you did to overcome this problem?

I'm having the same problem, the sensor seems to be working fine (gives out a jam if I place a paper on it), and I don't follow how replacing the roller can solve the problem. Some insight would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

dljorg
01-28-2015, 03:23 PM
Hello -

Suggestions above are good as far as rollers not being under tension and the second roller worn.

Couple of other suggestions....
The exit sensor in the copier actually sends the signal for the trail edge of the paper. Its in the exit assembly - have to take the left copier cover off and the assembly out to get to it. Not a hard job with that finisher. The sensor lives in a dirty hot place and you should probably replace it just because you are there. Also the flag for that sensor has a small black wheel on it that comes off. Wheel is held by a little press on clip. If the wheel is missing the signal will be at the wrong time.

There may be a problem with speed control on the drive motor M1. When running 14 or 17 inch paper the motor does not have to change speeds. With 8 1/2 x 11 paper it should change speeds but if it does not you get a wrinkle. This is a stepper motor and you should replace the FNS mother board and the motor at the same time.

Choclit007
06-01-2015, 09:47 PM
(just found this post that I missed replying to)

I believe I followed this support document & replaced the parts indicated:

FS-520/FS-607, skewed hole punches, wavy paper output and Z-fold output.

CAUSE: The physical wearing of the rollers on either side of the hole punch unit.

SOLUTION: Replace the rollers (total of 7).
Part numbers
A04D 7005 01 - Conveyance Roller /4
A04D 7007 01 - Entrance Roll /4
13QE 4513 2 - Conveyance Roller 3
15JK 4276 0 (x4) - Entrance Roll /4

pudgi300
04-04-2022, 07:40 PM
Hi, I had the wavy at the tail end of copies. I found that replacing roller #3 fixed the problem. I installed roller 13QE45133E and machine was back perfect. The old roller was very well worn on the outside dia about a mm or more. Hope this helps without changing all the other rollers.

tsbservice
04-04-2022, 08:11 PM
Hi, I had the wavy at the tail end of copies. I found that replacing roller #3 fixed the problem. I installed roller 13QE45133E and machine was back perfect. The old roller was very well worn on the outside dia about a mm or more. Hope this helps without changing all the other rollers.

Although it is very old thread I admit your input.

Custom Search