PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous bizhub c-220 scan to Email

Custom Search

acsolutions
10-23-2013, 02:04 AM
Hello,
trying to set up scan to Email,but cannot! log into the admin mode in the browser and on the network tab then looking for Email tx on left hand side, not listed is there something new or is something missing?

Dougtech
10-23-2013, 05:21 AM
does the machine have a hard drive? Is it set to INSTALLED in the service mode?
Without either of these set it will not even go to the scan screen if SCAN/FAX is pressed

B0265
10-23-2013, 07:32 AM
If you are using Internet Explorer 10 try the compatibility view.

acsolutions
10-23-2013, 08:17 AM
does the machine have a hard drive? Is it set to INSTALLED in the service mode?
Without either of these set it will not even go to the scan screen if SCAN/FAX is pressed

I checked for a hard drive and did not see one installed, I set up ftp in the mean time and I guess that answers your question about the scan/fax button. I dont think you need a hard drive to scan to Email, do you?

acsolutions
10-23-2013, 08:20 AM
If you are using Internet Explorer 10 try the compatibility view.I can access the machine from the browser,no problem! the only problem is the Email button on the network tab of the admin mode is not available!

Mr Mc Wilson
10-23-2013, 09:58 AM
Are You logged in to ADMINISTRATOR mode or are you logged in as Public user?
You only get access to these options when logged in as Admin.

B0265
10-23-2013, 10:19 AM
This it how it looks in IE11:

"Normal" view

Compatibility view

Nelo
10-23-2013, 11:16 AM
does the machine have a hard drive? Is it set to INSTALLED in the service mode?Without either of these set it will not even go to the scan screen if SCAN/FAX is pressedHad a similar problem on the same model, after installing HD and doing the HD setup the scan/fax button became active and email scan worked ok. Try have a HD installed and setup it should work.

emujo
10-23-2013, 01:27 PM
You have "scan to Email" disabled in admin mode. Log into ADMIN at the control panel, turn scan to email on, then recheck your browser settings, you should be able to access the smtp setup. Emujo

acsolutions
10-23-2013, 04:36 PM
Are You logged in to ADMINISTRATOR mode or are you logged in as Public user?
You only get access to these options when logged in as Admin.
Yes

emujo
10-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Another thing I would try is a different browser, Firefox, or Chrome. The update to IE 10 was automatic and KM was blindsided by it. The PS web Connection does not work well with IE10. Compatibility mode usually fixes the issue, but I guess not always. Emujo

acsolutions
10-23-2013, 07:24 PM
Sorry guy's it's a c-200! Sorry! I did check admin mode for scan to Email settings there was no enable/disable setting! I even printed a log to be through and did not see anything! Thanks

doinbox
10-23-2013, 08:20 PM
I checked for a hard drive and did not see one installed, I set up ftp in the mean time and I guess that answers your question about the scan/fax button. I dont think you need a hard drive to scan to Email, do you?

You can't scan to email without a Hard Drive. Where would the copier store the PDF before it sent?

wseyller
10-24-2013, 04:05 AM
I know that the C450 can scan to email without a hdd but it will create a separate email for each page.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

acsolutions
10-25-2013, 01:39 AM
The machine is a bh200 not a 220, Sorry for the typeo! yeah, the machine doesn't have a hdd and its not even an option for this machine, just memory upgrade.

acsolutions
10-25-2013, 01:45 AM
Another thing I would try is a different browser, Firefox, or Chrome. The update to IE 10 was automatic and KM was blindsided by it. The PS web Connection does not work well with IE10. Compatibility mode usually fixes the issue, but I guess not always. Emujo

Yes, I tried explorier, mozilla and chrome with the same issue. I going to send someone else and as soon as I get anything additional I will post! Setting up scanning to email has never been one of my strong points, when I deal with the same software it's just routine but when format changes it throws a wrench into the whole works.

B0265
10-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Check the setting of SW 361:

emujo
10-25-2013, 01:03 PM
If it's a bizhub 200 then you need to update firmware (not that they have anything really current). Web browser functionality was addressed in one of the last updates. Regardless of the web interface, you should be able to accomplish the setup via the control panel. BTW the soft switch the previous poster mentioned is for turning on authentication. Out of the box it only supports an open relay server over port 25. The 200 doesn't support SSL. Emujo

B0265
10-25-2013, 10:16 PM
I think it's switch 380 for turning on authentication but I agree that it might be a firmware issue, I have never seen a C200 that did not support scan to e-mail.

acsolutions
10-27-2013, 02:41 AM
I think it's switch 380 for turning on authentication but I agree that it might be a firmware issue, I have never seen a C200 that did not support scan to e-mail.

Sorry everyone it's a bh C-200,I set the dip switch 380 I forgot which bits, for authentication and I tried gmail and inbox.com as email servers and I can ping both. DNS was set to off and I thought that was it but still not working. Host: smtp.gmail.com email:xxxx@gmail.com and Auth.name:xxxx@gmail.com and Auth password:email password in that order. that's how I have it set up. Oh port for gmail is 465. For inbox.com I'm using port 587. Thanks

blackcat4866
10-27-2013, 03:10 AM
... and SSL/TLS ON? Is the sender address and administrator email address a valid email address, not a dummy? Timeout greater than 30 seconds?

acsolutions
10-29-2013, 05:58 AM
Hey, Ok scan to email is working! I could not use gmail as a server no matter what I did so I ended up using inbox.com, at first it would not work, so I read on that it needed to be activated (allowed) to use. there is an area in settings: how to enable pop3 and smtp. enabled and fuctioning!

Custom Search